Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where can I find this buzzer ...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I'd like to deactivate this buzzer, that humms when the key is in the ignition lock and the door is open
could anybody explain or show me (with glossy pictures with arrows and circles on them biggrin.gif ) where I can find it - I'd like to pull the cable ...

I know that I also could pull the cable from the door contact switches, but this would also deactivate the interior light when door is open

beerchug.gif Gustl
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 18 2011, 02:13 PM) *
I'd like to deactivate this buzzer, that humms when the key is in the ignition lock and the door is open
could anybody explain or show me (with glossy pictures with arrows and circles on them biggrin.gif ) where I can find it - I'd like to pull the cable ...

I know that I also could pull the cable from the door contact switches, but this would also deactivate the interior light when door is open

If i'm not mistaken, it's on top of the fuse panel. If you drop the panel, you should be able to disconnect it.

idea.gif
tradisrad
Above the fuse box. I think it should be easy to find when it's buzzing. You should be able to unplug the buzzer.
tod914
It should be silver and cylindrical if memory serves me right.
Dave_Darling
If this is your 1974, I remember that the one in my car was underneath the passenger's seat, right next to the "Dreaded Seatbelt Inlterlock Relay". A smaller silver can than the relay.

--DD
dlestep
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 18 2011, 08:49 PM) *

If this is your 1974, I remember that the one in my car was underneath the passenger's seat, right next to the "Dreaded Seatbelt Inlterlock Relay". A smaller silver can than the relay.

--DD

...quoting Dave from 1999
"...the only thing of interest to the running of the car that goes "through" the interlock relay is the big yellow wire from the "crank" position of the ignition switch to the starter solenoid. Other things go "to" the relay, but the parts of interest go elsewhere as well.

The smaller can is the "door open" buzzer. I removed mine years ago, it sounded really pathetic and I couldn't stand it. No effects on how the car runs.

Some of the wires that go "to" the relay and the buzzer are "hot" when the engine is on. If those wires are shorted to ground you may run into some problems. But if you simply remove the relay and buzzer, and jumper the two fat yellow wires together, you will have disarmed the relay. Make sure that the jumper connections aren't corroded and won't get that way or you'll have starter problems. Make sure that none of the wires are shorting to ground around there (except any brown wires which should be ground anyway)."

RickS
If it's the early car, just. Drop the fuse panel by removing 2 screws open the door and put the key in. The relay will buzz and all you need to do is unplug it. I took mine out 2 weeks ago.
Gustl
thanks for all replies pray.gif

it's for the 1970 six

I'll try it this weekend - and let you know
toolguy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 18 2011, 09:17 PM) *

thanks for all replies pray.gif

it's for the 1970 six

I'll try it this weekend - and let you know

On a 6, it's the far right can on the fuse tray- just pull it out. it doesn't affect any thing else. . . . looks like a relay but mine has dummy plastic pins and only 2 real pins. . and the base is red plastic. .
I recently had to buy one on EBay for my concour car. . everything needs to be correct so even though you don't want it, it has value to someone. . .
Gustl
QUOTE(toolguy @ Aug 19 2011, 11:23 PM) *

. . . looks like a relay but mine has dummy plastic pins and only 2 real pins. . and the base is red plastic. .

same here, mine looks identical

I looked for it, found it, pulled it out - and now it's all quiet biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.