Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Location for Oil Breather/Puke Can
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Can someone confirm I won't have interference with the motor with the breather can in this location? Not sure I can get the hose to mate up to the oil filler neck though blink.gif

Kev

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
I am trying to figure out the same problem! I was thinking of putting a 90% elbow on the filler and going into the puke can, but I think it needs to be above the breather.....? Does it??
Jeffs9146
This is what it looks like without the oil cooler installed and a 3.0L injected motor!
kconway
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Aug 18 2011, 10:05 PM) *

I am trying to figure out the same problem! I was thinking of putting a 90% elbow on the filler and going into the puke can, but I think it needs to be above the breather.....? Does it??

Good question on being above. Can't see why it would matter as long as there is someplace for the vapor & mist to collect. Best bet is most of it stays in the oil tank. However, I'm in uncharted waters here. biggrin.gif
iamchappy
That's where i have mine mounted, I have yet to find any oil in it.
jeeperjohn56
Hey Kev, Where did you get your oil puke can? You is the maker and where did you get it from? Did the AN fitting come with it? if not what size is it? Thanks for the information John
kconway
I bought the breather from Jegs.com part number 52203. It's comes with a AN 10 x -12 flare union on the can, I had to source the 90.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...;itemPerPage=90

Here is the can fully plumbed in the above location. I am not using my rear trunk lid torsion bars so I fabbed a bracket that hangs down behind the can and picks up the two mounting studs on top that use to clamp the torsion bar. The petcock is now plumbed down through the engine shelf for emptying the can. I might redo the fitting at the filler neck. I slit the filler neck so I could get clamping pressure on the plastic elbow fitting that the rubber hose is attached to. I've got a weld on AN -12 bung on the way to replace that connection with another AN -12 elbow but that might be overkill for what it does.

Click to view attachment
Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.