Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orig. 914-6 throttle cable length
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsurfer
My throttle cable is too long. Can't adjust it correctly. Anyone else had the problem?

Thanks

Gene
SLITS
Lotsa washers or tube cut and slipped over adjustment end. Seen it a few times.
Dave_Darling
How much longer is it than it "should" be? What type of -6 throttle linkage do you have?

The -4 cables can be a little long, especially if you use the metal 911 trunnion instead of the plastic 914 one. (Which is still a good upgrade, you just have to use a spacer between the adjustment nuts and the trunnion.)

--DD
xsurfer
Guessing I'd say at least an inch too long, maybe two inches. All factory linkage as far as I know. I think the P.O. took off the device that slowed the throttle from closing so it would burn off more fuel. I'm just getting to this car after it's been in the garage for years.

Thanks

Gene

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 19 2011, 11:46 AM) *

How much longer is it than it "should" be? What type of -6 throttle linkage do you have?

The -4 cables can be a little long, especially if you use the metal 911 trunnion instead of the plastic 914 one. (Which is still a good upgrade, you just have to use a spacer between the adjustment nuts and the trunnion.)

--DD

xsurfer
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 19 2011, 09:32 AM) *

Lotsa washers or tube cut and slipped over adjustment end. Seen it a few times.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.