Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct Fuel Line Orientation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
Does this look right? I am running FI so I have a large and small diameter line exiting the firewall. Just not sure if the larger one should exit from the right (as in not the left) hole.

Thanks in advance!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
You have it right.
Tangerine Racing return lines have an additional bend to help them go above the supply line without interference.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Aug 20 2011, 11:45 AM) *

You have it right.
Tangerine Racing return lines have an additional bend to help them go above the supply line without interference.

Thanks Chris,

I ordered a straight line from you earlier this morning - I might need more stuff so don't ship yet and we can put it all in the same box if that is okay.
rick 918-S
Hey Mike, You should slip some shrink tube over the metal tabs. If you can't find any I have some I can send you.

Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 20 2011, 02:31 PM) *

Hey Mike, You should slip some shrink tube over the metal tabs. If you can't find any I have some I can send you.

Hey Rick = How the heck are ya?

I have all the plastic bits for the bendable tabs - of course I had to clean/polish them before I can put them back on!! smile.gif

Thanks for the offer though!

Cheers!

PS: Hope your project is going faster than mine... I don't think it will be ready for MUSR - so I will have to take the '74. Boy I wanted to take both of them there this year since it is so close to me - there is still a chance!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 20 2011, 12:49 PM) *

I ordered a straight line from you earlier this morning - I might need more stuff so don't ship yet and we can put it all in the same box if that is okay.

Sure Mike, I'll hold it for a few days until you have a chance to see what else you need.
smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Aug 20 2011, 03:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 20 2011, 12:49 PM) *

Sure Mike, I'll hold it for a few days until you have a chance to see what else you need.
smile.gif

Thanks Chris - I added a complete kit for FI fuel rails and injector elbows and some hose.
Kansas 914
OK - thanks for all the help - I now feel good about the fuel lines at front and rear firewalls.

As Rick suggested I added the plastic to the bendable tabs.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 20 2011, 03:11 PM) *

OK - thanks for all the help - I now feel good about the fuel lines at front and rear firewalls.

Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif I was just enlisted to help out in North Dakota for as long as I can stay there. dry.gif I head out monday moring. 914 work had come to a grinding halt. confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 20 2011, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 20 2011, 03:11 PM) *

Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif I was just enlisted to help out in North Dakota for as long as I can stay there. dry.gif I head out monday moring. 914 work had come to a grinding halt. confused24.gif

I wondered if you were going to get called in on that one. Be safe!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.