Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Risk of driving in wet weather without heater hose?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
One thing led to another, and for at least the time being my 914/6 is the only car in the family. I drove my wife to a volleyball ref clinic this morning and will need to pick her up this afternoon. Alas, it is now raining here in the Chicago area.

As if that's not bad enough, a few weeks ago while working on my rear brakes I wound up leaving off the driver's side heater hose (connects from the heat exchanger to the body as I recall) because it was in bad shape. I've not yet purchased a replacement. Do I risk getting a bunch of water and other nasty stuff in the heater tube driving without that hose, especially in wet weather?

Thx,

Skip
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Aug 20 2011, 11:29 AM) *

One thing led to another, and for at least the time being my 914/6 is the only car in the family. I drove my wife to a volleyball ref clinic this morning and will need to pick her up this afternoon. Alas, it is now raining here in the Chicago area.

As if that's not bad enough, a few weeks ago while working on my rear brakes I wound up leaving off the driver's side heater hose (connects from the heat exchanger to the body as I recall) because it was in bad shape. I've not yet purchased a replacement. Do I risk getting a bunch of water and other nasty stuff in the heater tube driving without that hose, especially in wet weather?

Thx,

Skip

You drive your car in the rain! OMG!

I would ty wrap some aluminum foil on the body side. Not much you can do on the heat exchanger side.
iamchappy
The plastic top of a paint spray can fits on it perfectly.
SirAndy
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 20 2011, 09:38 AM) *

The plastic top of a paint spray can fits on it perfectly.

agree.gif
smontanaro
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 20 2011, 11:36 AM) *
You drive your car in the rain! OMG!

I would ty wrap some aluminum foil on the body side. Not much you can do on the heat exchanger side.

A couple times in the eight or so years I've had the car.

Thanks for the tin foil (and paint can top) suggestions. With any luck maybe the rain will taper off before Ellen's clinic is finished and this will be a more-or-less moot issue.

Skip
Tom
Call a cab! Don't drive that /6 in the rain. smile.gif
I have the paint can tops on mine also.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.