Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chalon -6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Interesting car...
poorsche914
One of the best looking Chalons I have seen.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
racerbvd
Holly Crap, that really is nice...
bcheney
Thanks for converting the pics! You never know how well glass work is done...however, this one looks to have been done nicely. The mirrors and wheels go well together giving it a modern yet "Porsche" correct look.
Elliot Cannon
That's the nicest Chalon I've ever seen and I STILL don't like them. laugh.gif
Ductech
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 20 2011, 12:25 PM) *

I agree they always looked like squatty short 80's 911's to me but hey maybe it floats someone's boat. But that is the most tasteful chalon i have laid E-eyes on
charliew
I like it better than the 914 but the 914 was from a earlier time. I also would like to know how old the body work is and would like to look at it from 2 feet. I have only seen three chalons and they all had cracks and bubbles and shrinkage at the rivets or where the rivets used to be. My friend who does corvette stuff once did a rebody on a mazda that looked real good but it left the area and I never got to see how it held up. The wheels on it were 5 grand without the tires and this was in about 85.
Rand
Nice work, no doubt.

But I can't like it. No matter how much I try.
It's like taking it from Germany to Japan. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But.
And the sail panel gills... barf.gif
If the striping accents were erased it would be better.
Sad to know a six is in there wishing she was in a real 914 body.
Ok, stupid opinion rant over. smile.gif
championgt1
Still makes me want to barf.gif !
BMITCHELL
I've had a stock 914 and a modified chalon. Back half chalon and front modified one off c2/944 clip.
I liked them both. My favorite is if I had the bucks would be a Gt clone. This is a well done chalon no matter what you may think. That's why we are all NARP'S. We tweak it till it meets are personal taste. Flame on.
Socalandy

Yeah, like Elliot said
SLITS
the one I have looks that good from 30'. laugh.gif
carr914
I liked Chalons when they came out - gave the 914's a Porsche "look", very 935ish

Now they don't do anything for me

However this one looks very nice - the mirrors & wheels are nice touches
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 20 2011, 09:42 PM) *

Yeah, like Elliot said

agree.gif I just don't see why people would like these. Why not just buy a Fiero confused24.gif
PanelBilly
For me its the fit and finish thing. Car kits usually aren't totally coplete. The photo doesn't show the quality of the paint and the way all the edges were done. That and its not a car.
Drums66
.....The color is interesting?
bye1.gif
sixnotfour
I believe that is Dan Root's friend Mike Couch's old Chalon, with a repaint. Always wondered why it never resurfaced and now it has.

BIN;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item2a13417dff

Here is an old pic of it when it was in WA.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 23 2011, 02:25 AM) *

I believe that is Dan Root's friend Mike Couch's old Chalon, with a repaint. Always wondered why it never resurfaced and now it has.

BIN;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item2a13417dff

Here is an old pic of it when it was in WA.

I thought that looked a little too familiar. dry.gif

The linen colored interior is one of the give-aways. I liked the color Mike painted better, it was a 993 color if I remember correctly.

It was one of the "good" kits, real 911 bumpers (widened) with real 911 bellows pieces etc. I wonder if it still has the 2.7 you built Jeff?

Fun car. Manual 993 mirrors.

Edit: I just looked at the evilBay listing, it does look like Mike's old 914. Although someone put the spoiler back on it (barf).
carr914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 23 2011, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 23 2011, 02:25 AM) *

it was a 993 color if I remember correctly.

Looks like Cobalt Blue - a 993-968 Color

As the car looks now - maybe Prussion Blue?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.