Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru 3.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
abnrdo
Anyone have a 3.0 in their car? What transmission do you have with it?

I am thinking about going with a 3.0 Suby and auto.

Crazy?
screwy.gif
banksyinoz
Not crazy

The auto will require the rear assembly to be removed, there is a sensor and oil pressure line that will need to be looked at, the fwd rear secion is apparently the same as the awd but I didn't get that far with the ej20t auto setup I had, I did see a suby 6 with the big sixspeed a month back which may be a better option,

The auto also weighs a crap load, but damn would the thing haul ass from the lights

Good luck

BIGKAT_83
I have one that I'm just finishing with a EZ30D engine and a 5 speed subaru transaxle.I will be driving it to the MUSR event in Oct.

Bob
VaccaRabite
The only crazy part is the automatic. The 3.0 is a great engine, but the auto transmission leaves a lot to be desired.

Zach
Ductech
God but a 3.0 with an auto would be a bitchin car to mob around hilly downtown seattle in. you could eat new 911's for breakfast as the traction control on most new cars just shuts you down taking off from a light on steep hill. Or auto could be fun for my buddy who lost his clutching leg not to long ago. It's all about perspective.

precisionchassis
The SVX came in a 2WD version that would have an auto transaxle that would work... and I would use the EG33 that goes with it for that matter. It's cheaper and makes better torque down low.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.