Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moe carb questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimN73
suffering with a vacuum leak and took this weekend to see what could be done about it. The base gaskets in the rebuild kit I have are paper and pretty thick - the ones in the car are black and I'm not sure what they're made of. Are the cardboardy ones the current gasket???

And more importantly, one of the phenolic spacers is broken. I've looked at the usual websites and can't find them. Any ideas about a replacement source?

As always, your help is appreciated.

Jim
Kirmizi
I recently rebuilt my Webers and all of the gaskets in the kit were the "cardboardy" ones.
Here's where I picked up a couple sets of the phenolic spacers.
Search for "MRRAGPICKER"
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=spacers
Mike biggrin.gif
JimN73
Thanks, Mike. I sent a PM

Jim
VaccaRabite
Pelican and AA both have the phenolic spacers. I bet GPR does too.

Zach
JimN73
Thanks. I looked earlier, but looked under carb parts. Didn't realize they were used on FI.too
jt914-6
Did a search on AA, Pelican, and GPR and had no luck on the 40 IDF phenolic spacers. I need a set. Does anyone know where some could be had??? smash.gif
JimN73
I found them at Pelican. Here's the part # and description. They have 2.0 as well - on the same page

022-129-707F $7.50 2 $15.00
Intake Manifold Gasket (2 per car, sold individually), 914 1.7/1.8
(1970-75), each Brand: Reinz
Al Meredith
If you use the thick plastic spacers/ gaskets you may have to install longer studs when fitting carb manifolds.
Dave_Darling
They're fuel injection parts, not specifically for Webers.

--DD
jt914-6
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 21 2011, 09:44 PM) *

They're fuel injection parts, not specifically for Webers.

--DD

That's why a search on PP for weber phenolic spacer did no good....Thanks

EDIT: Got a pair coming from PP....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.