Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about emergency jacks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
I have a five lug and I am in search of a 5 lug donut spare. I am also going to need an emergency jack in the event of a flat. My car did not come with a jack.

A couple questions:

Other than Ebay, does anyone have a source for the donut?
Does anyone have any experince with emergency jacks?
Is there a better type than another?
Would you use a jack plate with it?

Thanks in advance.
markb
To be honest, I'd use my AAA card before I'd jack up on the side of the road. Other than that, an aluminum floor jack for long trips, with a full size spare.
Dave_Darling
The scissor-style jacks found in lots of late-model Japanese cars are pretty good parts. They can be a little tippy, but they're still pretty good. You should be able to find one that will lift the car high enough (use the donuts under the car, most likely) to be able to change a tire.

A floor jack would be better (more stable) but you don't usually find those for $10 at the junkyard.

--DD
Drums66
.....Some of the Porsches(early) had nice scissor jacks(aluminum)
fine & light weight idea.gif
smoke.gif flag.gif popcorn[1].gif
bye1.gif
gary gartner

I have had a Japanese small scissor jack for years, stores nicely in front with the spare.
Also have some small collapsable wheel chocks, in case of ""less than flat" ground

Gary
thelogo
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Aug 21 2011, 04:15 PM) *

I have a five lug and I am in search of a 5 lug donut spare. I am also going to need an emergency jack in the event of a flat. My car did not come with a jack.

A couple questions:

Other than Ebay, does anyone have a source for the donut?
Does anyone have any experince with emergency jacks?
Is there a better type than another?
Would you use a jack plate with it?

Thanks in advance.

Easy bye1.gif

Full size spare , steel . I'd get from a member here ,

And emergency Jack ? duh . Harbor freight .

mini floor jack , 20buck , 20 lbs. , will save you priceless hassel .

rfuerst911sc
Buy a used Porsche 944 jack they are aluminum, built well and not bad in price. They are a scissor type I just recently purchased one.
ripper911
Y'all dont like the factory supplied jack?
I use it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.