Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: changing a head temp sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Mels
I've been working with my new air fuel ratio gauge and found a lean spot while the engine is working up to operating temp. Having read Brad Anders D jetronic check list, I pulled the head sensor and added the spacer he recommends. To get the sensor out while the engine is in the car is not for the faint of heart, you can't see it and the wire sticking out the middle needs to be protected. Rather than butcher up a deep socket and weaken the walls with a channel cut in it, I butchered a 3" 3/8ths extension with a die grinder. This gives the wire a place to go and keeps it pretty straight. The extension stays alot stronger with the notch than a socket. Check out the pictures to see what I mean. I'll see if the lean running was helped by the spacer or not.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
type47
What's the spacer? Do you have a part #?
VaccaRabite
I have seen a resurgence of Andyesque photos popping up here recently. Are people taking lessons from the SirAndy Institute of Automotive Photography? smile.gif

Ribbing aside, that looks like a great solution to the problem.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.