Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear trunk light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I have a light fixture in my rear trunk but it is burned out and seems to be a sealed unit. Anybody know where to get these?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 9 2004, 09:46 AM)
I have a light fixture in my rear trunk but it is burned out and seems to be a sealed unit.  Anybody know where to get these?

i don't think they're sealed. idea.gif (or are they?)
i believe the bulb is the same as the bulb in the interior light in your back-pad.

which also happens to be a common VW part (the bulb). you'll be able to get it at your local VW store ...
Andy
mike_the_man
As far as I can tell it's the same bulb. Are you sure it's burned? It only comes on when the headlights are on. It's kinda a silly way to do things.
Allan
With just the head lights on? Well I guess they thought you would only need it at night while out on the road. I'll give it a try, thanks. blink.gif
JWest
The trunk light is on the circuit that feeds the license plate lights. I think the lens should come off once it is unbolted, but it may be stuck from years of being attached.
efrenv
Check from inside the engine side.
Allan
I have had it out. It looks like a little sealed unit. No screws or clips to remove a cover.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.