Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This what I want...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Cawdrey
Just picture me and my family towing the teener to AX. Matching colors wub.gif I want it driving.gif
Vanagon
wheelchair Lift, lowered, phone dials aktion035.gif

Buy It Now seems fair confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
Actually... Mercedes wheels bolt right on it..

Why do they have to be on the east coast ?? Dont make me go there and get one...LOL

B
Dave Cawdrey
I guess thats what I get. Sold my Subaru to a guy in Alaska, my truck to Minnesota, and a Harley to Utah.
It says that they know a great shipper confused24.gif
Cant you see me chillin, w/ sunroof open? Sigh biggrin.gif

I would go with, if you want. I love road trips!!
Brad Roberts
That is the ugliest color I have ever seen.... :finger2:

I can see you sitting in it with the sunroof open and rain pouring in on you... LOL

B
Dave Cawdrey
Its almost the color of your shirt in your avitar finger.gif
Brad Roberts
Looks like we will have to get you some glasses also...LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Can we send somebody to look at it for us ??

Anyone live close ??

B
Brad Roberts
I have no problem with it... I just want somebody to look at it before we jump.

What do they normally go for ??

B
Dave Cawdrey
Recently, the Westies and Syncros go for 3-5K. On the 'Bay, anyways...
cha914
I have never really liked the westies as much as the bay windows (I have a 73 tongue.gif) but that one looks super clean, I do like the sunroof, and its about the same color as my bay...

My only question would be if that thing really could tow a teener? I know mine can barely get out of the way of itself, I couldn't imagine trying to tow with it.

Tony
seanery
Hey we could all drive it a little way and then pass it off to another lister.

How fun would that be (til your trip was up and you had to walk home I guess).

But other than that! wacko.gif blink.gif wacko.gif
TimT
I just looked on maps.com

Waynesboro is about 6 hours from me.

I have a thought though.

If there is anybody going to Hershey this weekend from the south, you could stop by Waynesboro going to or returning from Hershey

Waynesboro is just off 81
Aaron Cox
I like it too Dave!......but as for towing, that isn't its department. You could have one of the listers do a v8 conversion- 289? 350? 502? bigger is better! biggrin.gif
Elliot_Cannon
If this van is in Pennsylvania, they salt the roads there and rust can be a big issue.
I'm sure someone out there knows how to deal with rust :-). If I was going to tow something with it I would want to look at something with a bit more power. Like V8!!
Cheers, Elliot
r_towle
Penn is not near here.

Dont tow with this, get a Eurovan.
I tow my teener and many other things,,,
I real workhorse. Alot more torque than the air/watercoller boxter motor.

If you want to buy it, I would be happy to drive it to CA if I get some good 914 junk to bring home...
A rust free shell comes to mind.
Or a rust free karmann ghia conv.

I would tow it out, and tow back my prize..

aktion035.gif
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 24 2003, 12:17 PM)
Penn is not near here.

Dont tow with this, get a Eurovan.
I tow my teener and many other things,,,
I real workhorse. Alot more torque than the air/watercoller boxter motor.

If you want to buy it, I would be happy to drive it to CA if I get some good 914 junk to bring home...
A rust free shell comes to mind.
Or a rust free karmann ghia conv.

I would tow it out, and tow back my prize..

aktion035.gif

Not gonna tow w/ it, just trying to put a pic in B's head.

Still workin on details...

Brad, did you call? I think yer prolly busy confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
I was going to email him..

But this office computer puked on me yesterday and I still dont have my email working. It will be done today.

B
Brad Roberts
I just tried to email him thru Ebay and it puked on me.

B
Part Pricer
The seller is a car dealer. You could give them a call.

WAYNESBORO AUTO SALES (717)-762-6229

I would call, but I don't know the questions. wacko.gif
Hawktel
I ussualy don't advocate using Hydraulics, but imagine pulling up, dropping the frame rails to the ground, Have a flip ramp drop down. And out rolls the Turbo Chair...

Ditching the Slider for Barn Door style...

And Hey, Its not Air cooled, but a 928 Plant should provide plent of power for towing.

Or better yet, that monster from the Cayanne.... aktion035.gif

Ed Hachtel
Aaron Cox
How about this dave- couldnt find phonedials
Aaron Cox
why did it double post? first message had an error- second one loaded....hmmmm
n e way, enjoy!
cha914
I am going to start restoring my bay in the next few months...here is the prototype look for it...kinda close to the westie look above...

Brad...how do you think one of those cheap boxter motors would work in a bay window? MDB2.gif
Brad Roberts
I they would work great..!! clap56.gif Not sure how we would do the tranny.. They dont make adapters for them.

Something is jacked up with the BBS .php mailer.

Just go back and delete the extra post.

B
seanery
There are actually a couple nice 928 injuns on ebay right now.
Dave Cawdrey
I called, no answer. Left a message.
I like the Fuchs on it cool_shades.gif
Britain Smith
I don't want to ruin the party, but if you plan on driving it while in a wheelchair you might have a problem. If I remember right, the engine in those things is under the front seats.

I know someone who is in a wheelchair and has a minivan...he hits a button to open the side door and a ramp comes out. Then he just rolls up the ramp and into the drivers spot where the seat would be. He has all the control mounted up near the steering wheel so he can drive with his hands (gas and brake). This guys set-up is trick, but it is in a converted minivan.

Just my two cents,
Britain
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Schmuck69 @ Apr 24 2003, 05:50 PM)
I don't want to ruin the party, but if you plan on driving it while in a wheelchair you might have a problem. If I remember right, the engine in those things is under the front seats.

I know someone who is in a wheelchair and has a minivan...he hits a button to open the side door and a ramp comes out. Then he just rolls up the ramp and into the drivers spot where the seat would be. He has all the control mounted up near the steering wheel so he can drive with his hands (gas and brake). This guys set-up is trick, but it is in a converted minivan.

Just my two cents,
Britain

Engine is in the rear (see muffler). I will be lowering it to stablize it, and I'm not driving when finally in the chair. I can, however, help in driving it home. That would be fun MDB2.gif
When in the chair, I will be tied down wink.gif where the center seats are. Got it?
Britain Smith
Ah, my bad...

I got it now, sorry about the confusion.

If you need it to go through Texas, I can help...

-Britain
Aaron Cox
i liked the slammed bus runnin on fuchs......i want that on a tee shirt! wink.gif
would be cool for it to have a flat six in da back!
Dave Cawdrey
I did a vehicle check, and all is good.

Vehicle Description WV2YB0259EH107094
TitleCheck No records found
ProblemCheck No records found
OdometerCheck No records found
Vehicle Information No records found
Full History Records found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIN: WV2YB0259EH107094
Year: 1984
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Vanagon Bus
Style/Body: 4 Door Ext. Wagon/Van 5-7 Passenger
Engine: 4-FI-1.9L
Country of Assembly: Germany

Key: = No Problem Found = Problem Found = Information Found

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck’s results for this 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Bus(WV2YB0259EH107094) show no significant Title events. When found, events often indicate past automotive damage or warnings associated with the vehicle title.
Problems Checked: Results Found (whats this mean?)
Abandoned No Abandoned Record Found
Damaged No Damaged Record Found
Fire Damage No Fire Damage Record Found
Grey Market No Grey Market Record Found
Hail Damage No Hail Damage Record Found
Insurance Loss No Insurance Loss Record Found
Junk No Junk Record Found
Rebuilt/Rebuildable No Rebuilt/Rebuildable Record Found
Salvage No Salvage Record Found

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck’s database for this 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Bus(WV2YB0259EH107094) shows no historical events that indicate a significant automotive problem. These problems can indicate previous car damage, theft, or other significant problem.
Problems Checked: Results Found
NHTSA Crash Test Vehicle No NHTSA Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Fire Damage Incident No Fire Damage Incident Record Found
Frame Damage No Frame Damage Record Found
Major Damage Incident No Major Damage Incident Record Found
Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon No Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon Record Found
Odometer Problem No Odometer Problem Record Found
Salvage Auction No Salvage Auction Record Found
Water Damage No Water Damage Record Found

Your Vehicle Checks Out! For this 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Bus(WV2YB0259EH107094)no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. We determine odometer rollbacks by searching for records that indicate odometer reading that are less than a previously reported value. Other odometer events can report events of tampering, or possible odometer breakage.
Report Run Date: 04/25/2003
Date Reported Odometer Reading
No odometer records were found for your vehicle.

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck shows a clean record for this 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Bus(WV2YB0259EH107094). For some cars, past vehicle information may give indication of excessive wear and tear, such as police cars or taxi use.
Problems Checked: Results Found
Accident Data No accident data available
Corrected Title No Corrected Title Record Found
Driver Education No Driver Education Record Found
Duplicate Title No Duplicate Title Record Found
Emission/Safety Inspection No Emission/Safety Inspection Record Found
Lease No Lease Record Found
Lien No Lien Record Found
Livery Use No Livery Use Record Found
Government Use No Government Use Record Found
Police Use No Police Use Record Found
Rental/Fleet No Rental/Fleet Record Found
Repossessed No Repossessed Record Found
Taxi Use No Taxi Use Record Found
Theft No Theft Record Found

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.
Report Run Date: 04/25/2003
VIN WV2YB0259EH107094 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Bus
Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
05/25/96 VIENNA, VA MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT
si2t3m
While we are talking Vanagon & Eurovan...

Check this one out blink.gif

EuroVan 3.6BiTurbo

I have the full clip in WMV. I just don't have enough space to host it.

Marc-André
Dave Cawdrey
That was bad MDB2.gif aktion035.gif pray.gif
Matt914MI
If need be I could possibly get it through a couple of the states south of MI (OH, IN, IL)....i like the idea of having a bunch of 914 owners helping out by driving it for a couple states close to home. There are a lot of places to Greyhound to/from. It could work.
Dave Cawdrey
I wouldn't want to ask... Besides, I would enjoy it laugh.gif
Driven all over the states, and its a straight shot on I-90 flag.gif
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Hawktel @ Apr 24 2003, 02:08 PM)
I ussualy don't advocate using Hydraulics, but imagine pulling up, dropping the frame rails to the ground,  Have a flip ramp drop down. And out rolls the Turbo Chair...

Ed Hachtel

I was imagining the "hitting the switches". I think MDA would cover part of the outrageous cost.
Would be slick, but more importantly, legit biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
Dave, what's the side door opening heigth? You'd mentioned that you measured chair heigth is 53". I used to have a pop top camper and it seemed the door was quite high. This would be great if the side door is high enough. Then all you'd need it the ramp or the lift. No expensive floor drop. Plus, if your head is too high once inside you can just open the sunroof! clap56.gif
bruce
cha914
Well...that is now the leading consideration for the new van motor, boxter 6...and after I am done with the resto I can decide on which one I get depending on how much cash I have left tongue.gif I have been thinking of doing a v8 conversion, but this would be alot cooler ...

Brad, you don't think we cold talk kennedy into making an adapter plate? Also, could I get some measurements of the engine...(gotta see how much cutting will be going on tongue.gif)

Anyway, its too bad I am just starting on this project...cause I am going to do this one right and wait till the very end before swaping the engine...ahhh, atleast its fun to dream...

Tony
Bruce Allert
Found these in the PNW
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/results...=used&x=56&y=10
bruce
Brad Roberts
Tony,

I called old man Kennedy about 2 years ago and asked them when they where going to do an adapater for the Boxster engine... they asked the wrong question: "Why ??"

Because you F-ING do adapters ??? I was furious. There happens to be a lot of business' stuck in their old ways and not willing to think ahead. It was a no brainer for me..

Humm... complete engines @trannies for 5k. Engines for 3500$...nah lets not make an adapter...

B
tryan

could be the new motor or a recall of some sort.

canada to virginia to pa?
Dave Cawdrey
Just talked w/ the seller, and he wouldn't tell me the reserve mad.gif . He did confirm that that the pan is solid, and no rust confused24.gif

Bruce, the hight is perfect, 52" at the door, 56" inside. The 53" included a few spare inches. The camper/pop top have fridges and stoves, so its a tight fit. There is one w/ a sunroof here, in Seattle. Not nearly as nice. I'll go look today...
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(tryan @ Apr 25 2003, 11:16 AM)

could be the new motor or a recall of some sort.

canada to virginia to pa?

Thanks. Makes sense.
cha914
Brad,

Well, thats a shame about Kennedy...I guess well just have to farm it out to Muller beer.gif

In reality, It will be at least a year before I am anywhere near that point, and thats if the 914 stays in one piece...

Would there be an issue with using the boxter trans? I imagine I would have to regear it, but there is alot of room under those buses...and I would have to rebuild mine anyway...

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.