Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil cooler return line.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John Kelly
I'm getting ready to install a thermo-switch for my remote oil cooler fan. My plan is to put it in the line returning to the case from the cooler. I need to know whether this is the top hole or the bottom hole where the oil cooler was mounted originally on the case. Thanks for any advice.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
ArtechnikA
what kind of engine ?
John Kelly
914 type 4 with an upright fan conversion.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
John Kelly
Anyone?

scotty
Um... maybe this will help? best bet: tap the line with the oil pressure switch? huh.gif
John Kelly
Hi Scotty,

I will be doing the line coming out of the cooler back to the case so the switch reads the cooler oil temperature and the fan doesn't run all the time. I think this makes sense instead of reading the hot oil before the cooler.

Thanks for the schematic, that makes it clear for me!

IronHillRestorations
John,

Are you coming to dinner next Sun at Duke's on Alki?

PK cool.gif
John Kelly
Hi PK,

Thanks for asking but I can't make it. That is the big VW weekend. Saturday, Vintage Meet at Shoreline (will be selling Ghia parts in the swap area), sunday, Bug Nationals at Pacific Raceways. I'll be completely worn out by the end of the weekend. I'll try to make the next one!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.