Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Move over and let the "Big Sharks Eat"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I was invited to attend a gathering of Minnesota 928 Yahoo list guys. Sandy and I got up at 5:00 am Sunday morning to get to Hastings to meet up with these guys. It was a nice gathering of about 6 928's, a very nice 944, a cool caddy and the Alien. The caddy arrived later at our lunch spot.

Let me tell you. Minnesota has very few twisty roads but these guys travel them in a pack. And when the corners can only be seen in your rear view mirror triple digets are a common occurrance! The Alien sharkster got a workout staying in formation without running up someone tail fin. 928's have real brakes and can use them late without drama.

I'll post more photos tonight when I get to my hotel but here are a few teasers.
kerensky
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 22 2011, 05:08 AM) *
...was a nice gathering ... a cool caddy and the Alien. The caddy arrived later at our lunch spot.
I hang out too much with VW folks. My first thought was "Kinda the wrong group for a dude driving a VW pickup...". Then I loaded the pics. wink.gif
rick 918-S
A couple more Shark photos.
rick 918-S
Our host and his wife are serious car people. Here are a couple of his cars.

BTW: We had an awesome BBQ. What else would Shark owners eat.... Our host served Steak! Make mine Medium rare please...
rick 918-S
A couple from the road:

SUNAB914
I just talk to my 928 friend up there yesterday and he told me about you'lls run. He told me about a 914 with a 928 spider engine that was bad ass. Was that yours? I think he drove his new/used 40th Anniversary 911 at the rally?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 23 2011, 09:50 AM) *

I just talk to my 928 friend up there yesterday and he told me about you'lls run. He told me about a 914 with a 928 spider engine that was bad ass. Was that yours? I think he drove his new/used 40th Anniversary 911 at the rally?

Yep, that'd be me and the misses.. biggrin.gif assimilate.gif
JmuRiz
Those are some cool wheels:
IPB Image
I didn't think a doo-doo brown early 928 would look so much cooler with those instead of the phonedials.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 23 2011, 12:45 PM) *

Those are some cool wheels:
IPB Image
I didn't think a doo-doo brown early 928 would look so much cooler with those instead of the phonedials.

Yaa, that is one fast 1980 euro "S" ! drooley.gif
r_towle
stop it...my barn is full
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 23 2011, 09:25 PM) *

stop it...my barn is full

happy11.gif
SUNAB914
Many years ago I had a white 80 euro. Yep they are fast. 300hp+, but I dumped alot of money in it. Oh my, oh my. I probably know a few of those 928 owners from SITM's.
RicK can you post a pic of your engine here?
ruddyboys
Always loved the 928, great pics
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 24 2011, 11:21 AM) *

Many years ago I had a white 80 euro. Yep they are fast. 300hp+, but I dumped alot of money in it. Oh my, oh my. I probably know a few of those 928 owners from SITM's.
RicK can you post a pic of your engine here?

Why not assimilate.gif IBTSGD

Here's "The Money Shot"

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.