Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fender Crunch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BatAc
Had '14 parked legally after a breakdown. Went back to check on it an' get tow when to my horror. It's a project car (normal rust at battery side, the rest all the way around is rust free!). Some moron took out front passenger side fender!!! Do these bolt on or welded? Ain't feeling too good right now. Is it as bad as I don't want to think or just another set back that just hurts my time and pocketbook? Oh, and no they didn't leave a note!!!!!
skline
Of course they didnt leave a note, that is the american way. The fenders are welded on, which makes it a little harder but if its only the fender, then you should count your blessings. Good luck.
BatAc
Alright, meant a friend tonight who welds. He said you drill spot welds on old fender and remove. Line uo new fender and weld back in. Sound feasiible?
EdwardBlume
That the ticket. There's another post that details taking off a rear drivers side fender. The main thing to look at is whether the chassis is straight or not. Especially with a rusted out battery box, if your longs are rusted, holy, or compromised, you have multiple issues.

Bummer that the accident was anonymous. A friend of mine got a note on his parked crash in Berkeley CA that read: "Dude... I smashed your car. People are looking at me. My number is 123-4567. Later."
John Kelly
Do you have pictures of the damage?

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.