Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proper Gasket Material for Transmission Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I was just notified by Pelican that the gasket I need for the rear plate on my tail shift transmission needs to be ordered from Porsche Germany and will take three weeks. The last time this happened with a PP order, I called three weeks later and was informed that the part was NLA (that is another issue all to it's own).

So, I thought I would try and make my own. I have done this before, using cork, and it began to seep a bit over time. Do any of you have any reccomendations on the best material and thickness? It is sealing transmission fluid if that matters.

Thanks!! beer.gif
Scott S
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Aug 22 2011, 12:26 PM) *

Hi All -
I was just notified by Pelican that the gasket I need for the rear plate on my tail shift transmission needs to be ordered from Porsche Germany and will take three weeks. The last time this happened with a PP order, I called three weeks later and was informed that the part was NLA (that is another issue all to it's own).

So, I thought I would try and make my own. I have done this before, using cork, and it began to seep a bit over time. Do any of you have any reccomendations on the best material and thickness? It is sealing transmission fluid if that matters.

Thanks!! beer.gif
Scott S

I used glossy plotter paper. I scanned the original and then printed this on the plotter paper I used a punch for the holes and cut the rest out with scissors. It doesn't not leak.
Jeffs9146
PM Dr Evil! I think he has a bunch of these just sitting around!! beerchug.gif
brant
don't make your own
I've made my own before and regret it

I can get you my spare one if you need it.
brant
Scott S
Thanks all -
Contacted the good Doctor and I am all set!
(THANKS DOC!!)
Dr Evil
Should go out tomorrow smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 22 2011, 11:45 AM) *
It doesn't not leak.

wacko.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 22 2011, 06:11 PM) *

Should go out tomorrow smile.gif

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.