Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new item in the 914 Info section!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
was bored @ work today and made a Tire Size Calculator specifically for the 914 ...

check it out:
http://www.914world.com/specs/tirecalc.php

you can also get there by clicking on the "914 Info" link on top of each page.
driving.gif Andy
Jeroen
Very cool!!!

Now if I only can get Java to run on my new Win XP computer wacko.gif
It's working fine on my old comp (using same browser), but on this one, I can't seem to find WHERE to turn on Java... headbang.gif

On my old box (got 'm standing side by side now), in the IE options > advanced menu, there is a section "Microsoft VM" where I can select Java JIT-compiler
On my new one, it ain't there to select... confused24.gif

Anyone???

thanks...

Jeroen
SirAndy
XP Home Edition, SP1

Control Panel/Internet Options

oh, and if you want a real VM, go and get it from SUN
wink.gif Andy
EdwardBlume
I guess size does matter..................
echocanyons
Very cool thanks Andy! smilie_pokal.gif
Bruce Allert
Holy Crap ohmy.gif I've been drivin around with lady luck ridin beside me!!! I usually have the speedo around 80+ while goin down the freeway. I really deserve a ticket laugh.gif
Thought I was doin fairly close to 65 or below.

Good job Andy beerchug.gif

.....b
Andyrew
Very cool andy.. But could you make the stock tire selection just like the new tire selection? This way we can measure the difference in ALL cars? Just put 165 R 15's as the default tire for the "stock" tire selection, and we'll be all peachy hunky dory!

It would be nice if you could do that... I would really appreciate it especially when it comes to buying tires for Moms car... And anyone else that has any other cars (What you mean you take your bike to work?)

Andrew biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 9 2004, 10:17 PM)
This way we can measure the difference in ALL cars?

i actually did NOT do that on purpose!
wouldn't be a "914" tire size calculator otherwise, now would it?

i got the 4 original tire sizes (yes, those 4 were options for all 914-6 and 914-4 when new) from the "Das Grosse VW-Porsche-Buch" ...

i just couldn't get myself to help you find the right tires for your mom's honda ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
Andyrew
If it was a honda, it would be burnt, I would put a match to the gas tank (I have an utter discust twards them)...
Its a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant... v6, 200hp...
Smoke a stock 914 anyday.. lol

On the topic, Why? I mean seriously.. its a 914 tire size calculator... The only other tire size calculator that I know of is http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Can you guess that "miata.net" gets a few hits from its calculator? I can guess so.

Speeking of that, could you do the "end" thing? ie, the width of the tire? I would like to see that primarily.

Anyways, If you say so...

Andrew
Jeroen
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 10 2004, 04:18 AM)
XP Home Edition, SP1

Control Panel/Internet Options

oh, and if you want a real VM, go and get it from SUN
wink.gif Andy

Yeah, I know that's where it's supposed to be... but it ain't wacko.gif
I'll just go get Sun Java...

XP is pulling some other weird stunts too...
I hate this crap

cheers,

Jeroen
Allan
Very nice. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.