Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Rennsport Reunion on Speed Channel NOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Hey Porsche Rennsport Reunion on Speed Channel NOW,
well in 5 min at 9pm CST.

Later!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t.gif drunk.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif party.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif
qa1142
Hey, record it... I don't have cable

wink.gif
Gint
Replays (in MT zone):

Jul 09 08:00 pm

Future showings

Jul 10 11:00 am

Jul 15 12:00 pm

Jul 16 01:00 am

Porsche Rennsport Reunion

Host Bob Varsha.

Duration: 1:00
Rating: Not Rated
Category: Special
seanery
what a yawn.
GaroldShaffer
I was wishing for more, but it was kind of kool to see all the vintage race cars.
ChrisFoley
The television program from the first Rennsport was much better, IMO. (I thought that show didn't do justice to the event at the time.) It showed Paul Newman crashing a 914 into a 911, & I think it showed the wrecked 962 that the PCNA president crashed. It also showed when Derek Bell lost a wheel on his 962 going into the left hander, and in car of Brian Redman driving the Jaegermeister 962 like he stole it. I had a fantastic time myself at Rennsport I running well on track with 3 liter 911s. Mary and I had dinner with Joe Buzzetta & met Chip Robinson's wife in the buffet line. laugh.gif

I hope the Daytona event was as good for the spectators and participants as Rennsport I because the TV coverage sucked.

On the plus side there was (minimal) footage of the 914-6 GT from MA that won a concours award.
maf914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 10 2004, 03:36 AM)
& met Chip Robinson's wife in the buffet line. laugh.gif

Whatever happened to Chip Robinson? He was really successful in Al Holbert's Porsche 962's and the Electromotive Nissans during the IMSA GTP heydays, but after IMSA's collapse he just disappeared. Of course I guess pro sports car rides pretty much disappeared as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.