Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawn Patrol Guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Do you realize I wake up every morning disappointed, I mean, soul-crushingly disappointed? I wake up, throw the girlfriend off of me, jump out of bed for my laptop, scroll to the site and..... nothing hissyfit.gif Just another 'Birthday Fairy Report' or a 'Which is better 4 vs. 6'.

It's been the same heartbreaking process every morning for 6 weeks now, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. And to add insult to injury, eeeeeeverytime there's a meet mentioned, it's always, "Hmmmmm, I wonder if riquemar will show" or "You know, we havent seen you in a looooooong time, so you're back to rookie status." ..... It's not funny

I swear, if I have to drag my ass outta bed for one more week and not see a Dawn Patrol, I'm going to snap.

Get your lives together and call a Dawn Patrol.

Love,
Enrique shades.gif
THE STIG
This type of "Dawn Patrol"? First thing that came to my mind...
phatnine11
Rumor has it that the next one will be through Azusa Canyon to Mt Baldy, but I wouldn't bet on it! The local 914 guys in that area are a little flaky.
Phatnine11
Socalandy
Enrique,

This is why I still have your Dickies shirt dude, R U looking for a shake down test before RRC?

'73-914kid
Mt. Baldy is a long drive for me.. To long I must say. I'd love to get a drive in before I go off to school in mid september. Dont make me be the one to get a run organized.. But If I must, I will. Anybody interested in a run through Rainbow? I'm not leading (Kent, that's your job) but I can get it organized if need be. It may be short notice, but I'm free this coming saturday..

I need input gents, what Saturday works for everyone!?

and besides, I've been dying to show off the new engine....
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 22 2011, 03:21 PM) *

Enrique,

This is why I still have your Dickies shirt dude, R U looking for a shake down test before RRC?

Lol, I think you've had it for a year! I'll PM you.
eric9144
I'm always down to driving.gif

You guys call it and I'm there...
eric9144
I know a couple of other really fun roads down in my neck of the woods that lead up towards Ramona/Julian...

We could hit some new routes if you guys are up for it, I'm just not sure where to loop us back around to keep it from turning into too long a drive...

Think Highland Valley Road up to Ramona, then Old Julian Hwy to Santa Isabel then...?
Mesa Grande? Mt Palomar? Julian? The Montezuma Grade down to Borrego?
mepstein
"I wake up, throw the girlfriend off of me, jump out of bed for my laptop"

WTF.gif
beech4rd
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 22 2011, 07:48 PM) *

"I wake up, throw the girlfriend off of me, jump out of bed for my laptop"

WTF.gif

I think it must be a west coast thing.
Cap'n Krusty

Enrique,

You guys like, uhhh, wear each other's clothes? I'm not going anywhere near that one ............

The Cap'n
phatnine11
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Aug 22 2011, 03:31 PM) *

Mt. Baldy is a long drive for me.. To long I must say. I'd love to get a drive in before I go off to school in mid september. Dont make me be the one to get a run organized.. But If I must, I will. Anybody interested in a run through Rainbow? I'm not leading (Kent, that's your job) but I can get it organized if need be. It may be short notice, but I'm free this coming saturday..

Ethan,
I thought you're moving into the 'hood for a few years?

'73-914kid
Yup, I'm movin up to pomona starting mid september for school. That will make a baldy run quite convenient then.
914_teener
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Aug 22 2011, 06:33 PM) *

Ethan,
I thought you're moving into the 'hood for a few years?

Rainbow's?

Wearing the same shirt?

poke.gif poke.gif

I am not touching that one either.

Now that my car is running:

Keep Thomas infamous Haloween Run alive.

Maybe Highway 39 to Newcombe's Ranch.

No thread Hijack.... San Diego is far for the day for me....like chasing Rainbow's

Here we go....carbs don't work well above 5k feet..... poke.gif
76-914
driving.gif Ethan, you call it. I can't do this Sat but the next is fine. If not go anyway. I've been as busy as a one armed cranberry merchant. Gotta make hay while the sun shines, Besides, I have a 1800+ mile run in 3 weeks aktion035.gif If you keep it close to Temecula I'll bring Blackie. Still a little cautious w 4.2 hr's TT on engine. Happiness is a tight.......engine. beerchug.gif
poke.gif I think someone stole Rique's identity and is posting @ 914World. lol-2.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 22 2011, 07:21 PM) *

driving.gif Ethan, you call it. I can't do this Sat but the next is fine. If not go anyway. I've been as busy as a one armed cranberry merchant. Gotta make hay while the sun shines, Besides, I have a 1800+ mile run in 3 weeks aktion035.gif If you keep it close to Temecula I'll bring Blackie. Still a little cautious w 4.2 hr's TT on engine. Happiness is a tight.......engine. beerchug.gif
poke.gif I think someone stole Rique's identity and is posting @ 914World. lol-2.gif

I'm open either Saturday, but I'de prefer the next one so Kent can make it, it's not a 'Rainbow Run' unless he's there aaron.gif
euro911
Enrique,

That reminds me, Andy ... don't you have some Rt-66 shirts for Dianne & I poke.gif

Holding shirts hostage, eh? slap.gif

Call me
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Aug 22 2011, 02:53 PM) *

Rumor has it that the next one will be through Azusa Canyon to Mt Baldy, but I wouldn't bet on it! The local 914 guys in that area are a little flaky.
Phatnine11

I'm up for another Mt Baldy run; maybe we can awaken Aaron Cox to make it too
Thestigz06

im down for a run not this Saturday but the following one, i have been dieing to make it to at least one of them and im bummed one hasn't popped up recently...

Ethan, keep me informed?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Aug 23 2011, 10:00 AM) *

im down for a run not this Saturday but the following one, i have been dieing to make it to at least one of them and im bummed one hasn't popped up recently...

Ethan, keep me informed?

It seems like alot of the San Diego guys are down, what if we did a run this weekend down here, and next Saturday, the Mt. Baldy Run? Eh? Eeeeh?! C'mooon!
eric9144
Does this mean you've actually gotten your wiring all together? poke.gif

Or are you going to drive the black car? driving.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Aug 23 2011, 02:56 PM) *

Does this mean you've actually gotten your wiring all together? poke.gif

Or are you going to drive the black car? driving.gif

The wiring is really coming together! I've taken a little more time, but I'm completely back to stock colors and connections.

I'll be in the 3.6 for the next month or so. My goal is to have the Gt done by then so I'll have enough time to finish everything up before Rennsport. Which you're going to by the way.... biggrin.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Aug 22 2011, 01:44 PM) *

This type of "Dawn Patrol"? First thing that came to my mind...

Surfing is what popped into my head...
Spent many an early morning hitting the waves..

http://youtu.be/Nr9TCz9wFuo

http://youtu.be/Z7Hbx98x69w
wertygrog
Let's Do This! Bring On the Dawn, and Get on a Roll, Patrol! biggrin.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Aug 23 2011, 10:44 PM) *

Let's Do This! Bring On the Dawn, and Get on a Roll, Patrol! biggrin.gif

In case the site goes down before this is all set up should we choose to do something this weekend, feel free to email me at eallenmar@yahoo.com
eric9144
I'm shooting an email over to Riquemar...I'm up for a run still, even if we do it two weekends in a row...

If you need to get in contact with me I'm eric914@gmail.com

I know I have Brent and Rique's phone #'s...hopefully someone's got Ethan's too...
Thestigz06
i would be more likely to make the baldy run next weekend, i gotta work on saturday.... barf.gif
wertygrog
I done reckon I have Ethan's! Someone take the lead on this one and pick a route and time. beerchug.gif
eric9144
I have to clear some time with the wife...shouldn't be a problem...

Riquemar, maybe start an email thread as the site will be down later today?
76-914
Yea, I can't make this Sat either. I have had an all night job in the works for a few weeks now that I'm locked into. but I recommend that you guy's use the club siote for comm's. A little closer to real time and last minute changes are more manageable. Have fun guys.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Aug 24 2011, 12:10 PM) *

I have to clear some time with the wife...shouldn't be a problem...

Riquemar, maybe start an email thread as the site will be down later today?

Will do, and I got your email Eric, it's just 'one of those days'.

Kent, I have a strong feeling you're gonna get 'sick' Saturday morning, and have to call out from work. wink.gif
eric9144
Looks like we're going to hit up Cars and Coffee up in Irvine... piratenanner.gif

Caravan set to meet up @ 5:30am at the Park and Ride at the junction of the 78 and the 5 FWYs...

Got to try and get to sleep soon, it's going to be an early one... beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.