Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo Exhaust Valve Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
xsurfer
I was told Turbo Exhaust Valve covers can't be removed from a stock 2.0 orig. motor without machining. Is this the case or is it just on larger motors? I'm hoping not to remove the engine until winter.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gene
Cap'n Krusty
All the 6 cylinder motors prior to the 964 share the same overall dimensions, and the covers must be machined to clear the body. You "could" use the 911SC lower cover, which looks a lot like the mag covers but it's aluminum.

The Cap'n
xsurfer
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 29 2011, 05:33 PM) *

All the 6 cylinder motors prior to the 964 share the same overall dimensions, and the covers must be machined to clear the body. You "could" use the 911SC lower cover, which looks a lot like the mag covers but it's aluminum.

The Cap'n

Aye Aye, Sir! Thanks for stopping off the freeway a few years back to deliver a rotor for the marelli.

Do the stock ones leak so badly they aren't used. I like original.

New question, if you don't mind. Where should the throttle cable be on top or bottom of the bell crank? I found it on top but the cable is too long when positioned there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.