Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starter Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Razorbobsr
Installed a hi torque starter yesterday, and be damned it does start the car[SHOCKED] but the PO has a push button[just in case the normal key switch does not work] system as well. Question: The new starter does not have a place to hook up this wire, I think it should go to the selanoid?????? Correct?? Bob
SLITS
One side of the momentary switch (starter button) is switched hot and the other side goes to the solenoid on the starter.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 23 2011, 08:55 AM) *

One side of the momentary switch (starter button) is switched hot and the other side goes to the solenoid on the starter.
Hmmmmmmm The stock wiring has a M/F fitting for the normal key switch, the " Push button' starter has a loop/circle fitting. No way of fitting button wire to solenoid??? Hmmmmmmm would like to keep back up starter button if I could. Bob
SLITS
You have a male spade terminal on your starter and I assume you have two wires running to the starter area. Double male spade terminals are made that that have a female spade (piggy back terminal). Look at the back side of your fuse box and you will see a couple installed. Visit your local electronics store.

All the momentary switch should do is parallel the momentary switch in your ignition switch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.