Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=271
942]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment1973 Porsche 914 2.0 916 Replica $9,950 OBO

This 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 has been modified and built into a 916 replica. It has 73,000 original miles, a 5 speed manual transmission, and 4 wheel disk brakes. The modifications include fiberglass GT fender flares, front and rear 916 bumpers, smooth removable roof (the original fiberglass painted body color), genuine Fuchs alloy wheels with 4 to 5 bolt adapters/spacers. The wheels are from a 911 turbo, 7”J x 16 front, and 8” J x 16 rear. The tires are brand new super sticky Yokohama Advan 245/45 ZR16’s. Even with the wide tires on the front, the steering is light and precise. The handling is incredible, the car sticks like glue and handles like a go cart, even without front and rear swaybars. It has KYB gas struts and shocks, and 4 wheel disk brakes. Overall weight is in the 2,100 lb neighborhood, power is estimated to be about 110 HP. With the power matching the 914/6 and it being lighter, overall performance is very good, better than the original car.

The engine is a slightly modified 4 cylinder 2.0 engine with brand new Weber 40IDF carburetors with velocity stacks, new linkage, and cleanable and reusable air filters. It also has the mechanical advance .009 distributor and a hotter, re-profiled cam to match the carburetors, It has a Bursch high performance exhaust , and a brand new Die Hard battery, with the required carburetor style fuel pump, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in the engine bay.
The interior is black corduroy with vinyl trim. It does not currently have a radio. I have a new dash skin to cover the cracked old one, but the instrument cowl overhang is drooping and needs to be warmed and formed back into the original shape first.

The bodywork has all the seams filled in, which give it a very unique and smooth appearance, like a 356. The only seams are for opening parts, like doors, trunk lids, and lights. The jack posts have been removed, so there is no jack and jack hole plugs. The car has 4 lifting doughnuts under the chassis that work great with a small floor jack.

I’ve had the car for 3+ years, and I repaired the areas that needed fixing, replaced the carburetors, put on the Fuchs rims, adapters, spoiler, and repainted the car. I have more than a quart of the factory correct Light Ivory DuPont Nason urethane left, with reducer and hardener, which is enough to do one more coat. It would be ideal to color sand the imperfections and do a final respray, even though the finish looks great as it is. I will also include a factory manual on CD, Tech Tips from Dr. 914, the 914 Handbook manual, and a 22 page Collision Estimator Guide for the 914, showing exploded views of all major body components.

Please call Art with any questions, 704-466-3238. The car is in Shelby, NC.

See more pics at ferraripicsjoye.shutterfly.com