Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
The 1/18 914 is almost back together again and I'm sure it's owner will never speak to me again after this LONG wait. But, maybe he'll forgive me when I don't cash his check. The carpeting is in and the interior is rebuilt. I need to touch up the headlight lids before the body can be reattached.

The next Projects will be the 6 wall clocks I've been given. I want to offer them to my friends here first. What would you like to see painted on the clock face and/or the frame? Even if your not interested in buying one, I really need some ideas.

To help get this off the ground, I'll give one away to whomever can put together an advertising collage of my work so I can post it on my ebay \"me\" page. Those who want to compete, can search this site for my Paint Work, ArtechnikA, or RadioControlZone.com Body and Painting page

After these are done, I'll be back to taking Shirt requests.

TIA for your help.
djm914-6
Ok, how about a Tee Shirt then?
bondo
A clock that looks just like a 914 tachometer would be awesome.. the ultimate garage chronometer.
d914
t shirts, custom or a global one you could copy....I'll take two either way.
djm914-6
A clock that looks just like a 914 tachometer would be awesome.. the ultimate garage chronometer.
The Tach idea sounds interesting... 4 or 6 cyl? Black or silver dot?

t shirts, custom or a global one you could copy....I'll take two either way.

I will be getting back into shirts soon. I need to get these clocks out of my studio first. I figured if some creative soul could put together a collection of my previous work, I would pay them with either a clock or tee. Normally, my shirts are painted from a photo, so each one is personal. To get some fast money to pay for a new compressor I just ordered, I may do a bunch of generic shirts.

Any other ideas for the clocks? Would a car portrait be too much?
Korijo
6 cyl silver dot smilie_pokal.gif
bondo
I would vote silver dot, but I don't know what the difference is between a 4 and 6 cyl tach (besides the obvious internal differences to make it read accurately which wouldn't matter for a clock)
PorscheTom
4 cyl silver dot.

How about a clock with the phantom / ghost picture of the 914 and it's internal workings?

...just a suggestion.

I'd sure like to find a poster of that art work.
STL914
Dave,

How about either a 2 liter Fuchs or 5 spoke Fuchs wheel clock where the face of the wheel or spokes rotate in a clockwise direction as the second hand. Behind the face would be the brake caliper painted in a contrasting color
that would appear thru the spokes. A Porsche crest would be in the center and the hour and minute hands would be driven by a stem poking thru the crest.

Confused??
djm914-6
Confused??

Yup!! I try to be an artist not an engineer (though I play one during my day job). biggrin.gif

Why didn't I think of the wheel idea? I like the ghost 914 idea too. Very good guys! Do you think I could sell all six clocks to just the 914 crowd or would I be better playing to the other models too? I guess 5 lug Fuchs go with the tail dragger crowd too.

Thanks folks! The more ideas I get the more clocks I'll paint.
Korijo
Do you think I could sell all six clocks to just the 914 crowd
I'll take 1 biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.