Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: plate that mounts the ECU to the batt tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
moparrob
You know what I'm talking about. That plate that mounts to the leading edge of the battery tray and sits perpendicular to it. I think it would be a good place to mount my MSD ignition since I am running carbs.

Looks like this:

IPB Image

(thanks for the image Kevin)

Anyone have one? Condition is not important. I'll bet Bruce has a few , eh?

Please PM me if you do. Thanks.
bdstone914
How did you guess?
yes I have some.
Bruce

Anyone have one? Condition is not important. I'll bet Bruce has a few , eh?

Please PM me if you do. Thanks.
[/quote]
kconway
You do know the plate that attaches to the battery tray is a 914-6 ignition module bracket and the part I attached the MSD to is a custom plate? The MSD won't fit on the OEM bracket, you gotta fab up a little butch plate to mount it to.
budk
QUOTE(kconway @ Aug 24 2011, 01:09 AM) *

You do know the plate that attaches to the battery tray is a 914-6 ignition module bracket and the part I attached the MSD to is a custom plate? The MSD won't fit on the OEM bracket, you gotta fab up a little butch plate to mount it to.

Hi. I am looking for the same plate to mount my ECU to the battery tray. If you have one please let me know how much.

Thanks!
edrotol
QUOTE(budk @ Aug 24 2011, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ Aug 24 2011, 01:09 AM) *

Hi. I am looking for the same plate to mount my ECU to the battery tray. If you have one please let me know how much.

Thanks!

Is one of these what you are looking for?

Click to view attachment
moparrob
edrotol - thanks, but that bracket is not the part I need - it is the other part.

I did not know the bracket was not big enough to mount the 6AL box without adding a second plate.

I think I'll try fabbing something up myself out of plate steel. If it looks too Frankenstein I'll give Bruce a call.

Thanks all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.