Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: New Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Hey guys! wavey.gif

I've been a bit MIA over the last few months, but thankfully it's because I'm super busy. Still not caught up enough to spend much time chatting here, but I wanted to pop in and share my awesome new tool.

I've had a Harbor Freight blast cabinet for 7 or 8 years and it's never been particularly effective. One of the biggest problems was the gun, which is a fairly crappy design and which finally ate itself to the point where it stopped working. I searched for awhile for an alternative deign and surprisingly most every gun I found was essentially the same HF gun.

Eventually I found this gun in an obscure reference, and then finally found a place that sells it. It's actually pretty cheap (IMHO) @ ~$70 + nozzle. I had to do a little mix-n-match work to get the hoses hooked up, but it really wasn't hard. And the best part is that I stepped up to the Boron Carbide nozzle which last about 200x longer than the ceramic.

I got everything hooked up finally today and it was worth every single penny. I blasted a piece of tin which would usually take me 10m or so with the old gun and knocked it out in about 2 minutes. What a complete difference. Finally blasting in my cabinet works like I expect it to.

Buy your own...
rick 918-S
Cool, now get back to work. biggrin.gif
76-914
smilie_pokal.gif Good job. I know about that ceramic nozzle. Starts off with an orfice the size of a pencil lead and 2hr's later it's the size of a pencil. Question: where's the trigger. Foot pedal?? I'd really like to see that thing in action. Maybe you could do a quick YouTube video for us demo demons. beerchug.gif
majkos
Sweet! first.gif

Been using a buddy sandblasting machine (More pricier brand)
and notice the drop in performance after a couple of hrs of use.

I thought it's me and he needs more air for the darn thing.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know! aktion035.gif
Krank
What size did you get and what CFM r u running?
euro911
agree.gif Yeah, I'd like to know which model gun and nozzle you purchased as well.

We have the HF 93608 cabinet at home. It's not the nice 'big' $1000. Industrial model, but I did buy the 'matching' reclaimer vacuum they sell for that 'big' cabinet.

IPB Image

I really miss the big compressor and giant blast cabinet I used to use at work dry.gif
McMark
I got the 1/8" gun and the 1/4" nozzle. I have a huge screw type compressor, so I can't speculate on how a smaller compressor would handle it. According to their literature, the 1/8" needs 21 cfm at 80 PSI.

Here's the documentation...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.