Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
Well, thanks to all of the searches, questions, and replies from everybody on this board, my $988 Ebay sight-unseen 914 is running. smilie_pokal.gif It sounds great too. mueba.gif I'm going to go wash it, polish it, caress it, (the car you perv). Then have a few in celebration beerchug.gif Thanks again everybody!!!
markb
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif biggrin.gif
Congrats!
Bruce Allert
Congrats too Mr. Trout. beer.gif Ain't it a great feeling to git that thar 'lil shee-it runnin??? Good job man.
Whud'it take anyways???

..........b driving.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 10 2004, 04:40 PM)
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif  :D
Congrats!

Congratulations there Mr. Trout! But agree.gif
We need to see some pics!

Lisa beerchug.gif
Ctrout
I spliced the yellow wire with the yellow and red wire under the passenger seat as suggested by dakotaewing. Sorry I was doubting the advice when it didn't work at first. I cleaned up my fuses and installed ones that were missing (from the relay panel) tried the yellow wires and voila! It turned over. No spark though. Artechnika suggested I start looking at the points so I did. They were corroded and pitted so I cleaned them with an emory cloth, pulled the coil wire and put it near ground. opened points and wouldn't you know it, there was a spark at the coil wire. put everything together and it started right up. Thanks again guys. sorry the only pics I have currently are the ones that the ebay seller emailed me. I'll get her cleaned up a bit and post some pics in a week or so. For now, I think I have to rebuild my pedal assembly and brake calipers. I hit the gas and the engine revs to 4000+ and stays there until I pull the gas pedal back up. Clutch doesn't engage unless I pull it up with my foot. Brakes stick no matter what I do.
Ctrout
another
Ctrout
Probably not good quality. Small file size.
Ctrout
Some body work that had been very well done by a P.O.
SLITS
Appears really nice for the price.

Check your throttle body for sticking (buy a can of carb cleaner and spray the butterfly/throttle shaft)

Check your throttle cable for a kink where it comes up thru the tin in the engine compartment.

Check for rust buildup on the pivots of the loud pedal (ok gas pedal) - Try spraying WD-40 or Rust Buster in there. Prolly spray the clutch/brake pivots too!

Then rebuild everything sad.gif
Ctrout
So I just ordered over $100 of stuff from Pelican. Got rear caliper rebuild kits because I already know from having it up on jacks that the right rear is stuck. Got the D.O.T stainless brake lines and some super blue fluid. Also ordered the pedal cluster rebuild bushings. A week or so and I should be pulling massive G's. BTW, While crawling around under the car, I found a relatively new set of white Koni gas-a-just shocks in the rear. Good stuff yes?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Jul 10 2004, 09:49 PM)
So I just ordered over $100 of stuff from Pelican. Got rear caliper rebuild kits because I already know from having it up on jacks that the right rear is stuck. Got the D.O.T stainless brake lines and some super blue fluid. Also ordered the pedal cluster rebuild bushings. A week or so and I should be pulling massive G's. BTW, While crawling around under the car, I found a relatively new set of white Koni gas-a-just shocks in the rear. Good stuff yes?

white 'gas a just's are kyb brand..not koni. nicknamed kill yer backs....
Bruce Allert
Just for grins, wink.gif see if you have a spring attached to your throttle body linkage. It'll run from the middle upper rear engine tin to the throttle body. That may be why your throttle is sticking.

.........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.