Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some PC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty
biggrin.gif Haha! A woman wanted to know how to stop her 912 defroster from fogging up her windows with an oily sludge... They told her she had a leaky heater core and that the film was radiator fluid biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I love having an air-cooled car wink.gif
SLITS
I wanna take may car to that shop - I know they'll fix it right alfred.gif
krk
I just heard the show. Damn, it was funny!

(I actually like the show a lot -- but they went on and on about
how certain they were -- laugh.gif laugh.gif)

Here's a link to the bbs at their site:

http://cartalk.com/board/showflat.php?Cat=...4619#Post224703

kim.
URY914
I heard it too. They should stick to thier beloved Volvos.
The show is pretty funny sometimes.

Paul
ChrisFoley
My wife loves listening to Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers. She often tells me about their callers' stories since I don't listen to the radio much. Apparently she hasn't heard this one yet, or I would have known about it. Even she knows a 912E has no radiator.
I just heard them reading a letter from a listener who wants to start a boycott of the show because they don't have a "Puzzler" all year 'round. The funny part is that she asked them to read the letter on the air so people will know about the boycott. laugh.gif
Another good one is the mechanic from a Quick Lube place who wrote in to tell them about a car they worked on that had a stuck engine lid (hood). The woman had asked Tom and Ray what to do and they told her to go get an oil change and act dumb when they couldn't open the hood. The shop wasted nearly an hour and lost two customers, so they wanted Click and Clack to ante up the $50 they lost. ohmy.gif
URY914
The women that wanted the Puzzler was the first thing they read on the 912 show.

At least they laugh at themselves. lol2.gif

Paul
scotty
They're quite funny. I'm always listening when I work on my car...

Last trip to Boston, I even stalked them when I wasn't looking for little hole-in-the-wall restaurants in the North End (found one or two... wink.gif yum!)
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 11 2004, 09:12 PM)
The women that wanted the Puzzler was the first thing they read on the 912 show.

Damn, we only had it on for a few minutes.
I can probably hear it next weekend.
It comes in on at least 2 public radio stations around here.

jester.gif I like people who can laugh at themselves. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.