Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belt Wiring Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
I am needing to know how to hook this wiring back up so things work properly. I started by removing the Seat Belt harness wires and with that came a cut Bl/R and a cut B/Y wire. I have attached several photos of Where I Started, Where I'm At and the Pass/Dr Belt Harness.....I have issues with Tail Light grounding and also have Clock, Volt, Oil Press and Oil Temp gremlins...I am hoping to solve these issues by tying the wiring systems for the above back together??

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thx in advance for replies...
JeffBowlsby
Ken,

I would start by bypassing the seatbelt interlock, connect the two big yellow wires together:
Thx for a reply, Jeff..
The two large yellow wires are connected. By looking at diagram I can connect 2 Brown wires together and this should fix ground in that circuit? I also would like to power the G/R and 1 of the B wires. I assume I can do this by connecting to the smaller Y/R or the G/B which appear to be switched with key...latest pic added.
Click to view attachment

I hate electrical.....LOL
A bump w/ new pic of whats left in Seat Belt Wiring..Still looking to connect Gr/R(oil pressure) and Bl(oil temp,clock,volt) wires to get them back in the loop??
Click to view attachment
And a pic that shows what I believe to be Console Connections that I have uncovered (can somebody identify these without the chart?)....Still looking for where to connect Gr/R wire(oil pressure circuit)??
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
The black wire to the clock was constant +12V, not switched. Don't put anything on there that has much of a draw, or you'll run the battery down. Another of the black wires does carry switched power. Use a voltmeter to verify which is which before hooking them up to other stuff.

The green/red wire should be the signal wire for the oil pressure "idiot light". I don't know why it would go to the interlock relay. There should have been two of those wires, crimped together into the metal lug that plugged into the connector for the relay. Just splice those two wires together. One of those two wires should come up from the engine bay in the main wiring harness, the other should go back into the main harness and continue to the instrument panel.

The thinner yel/red wire should carry switched power, but if you use it to power anything you may have the "fasten seat belt" light turn on when you use whatever thing is it that it powers.

The grey wire is what turns the lights on and off in the center console. It also powers the license plate lights and the rear trunk/engine bay light. It gets +12V when the headlight switch is not in the "off" position, and only when the key is "on".

The connectors in your last post are indeed the ones for the center console. Red/white is switched power, brown is ground (always always always!), black/blue connects with grey and is the power for the gauge illumination, black is unswitched power, green/black is oil temperature signal. It looks from the diagram that black/red is hooked to black for the clock, so it would also be unswitched power.

Hope this helps.

--DD
Thx for reply, Dave...

I'm not hooking anything up to the circuit I am chasing electrical gremlins in Idiot Light, Volt Meter and Clock. This seemed like a good spot to start since it had been hacked and stuffed in tunnel since I got her and all things mentioned seemed to tie into that underseat relay..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.