Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cable Shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Has anyone have any experience with these guys?
Brandwood cable shifter for the 914
I found them through a 550spyder board and they were pretty pleased with it...

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
He is the guy who makes all the cable shifters for ALL of the vendors (Patrick/Renegade) He doesnt really say it.. but he started with mid-engine sand rails. I'm sure they work.. just doesnt give you the feel of a solid linkage shifter.

Nice find. I keep forgetting his name. I knew he was in AZ near Patrick.

B
Jeroen
Ok, you help me out here a bit...

I'm trying to decide between a cable shifter setup or a Wevo shifter
I know I like the feel of the Wevo shifter, but I have a /4 tailshifter

The reason why I'm looking at a cable shifter, is because I don't like the position of the stock shifter (and with a cable shifter, I can pretty much put it where I want).

On the other thread, you mentioned a tailshifter would do just fine, but I think you were talking about a /6 tailshifter which has different (better?) linkage than the /4 tailshifter...

Any words of wisdom?

cheers,

Jeroen
Aaron Cox
I've seem his stuff advertised by veedubber vendors. i think for sandrails and vw engines. Interesting product.
Im still confused on the concept though,

i understand that:
when you go for 1st, 3rd, or fifth you would pull the cable toward the front of the car. and the other cable would do left to right motion.

how do you go for rev, 2nd, or 4th. You cant "push" a cable baack into its sleeve - its not rigid enough- it would bend
huh.gif im lost? huh.gif
JWest
Actually, the cables used are pretty stiff, and they have sleeves on the ends so they do work when pushed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.