Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS- 96mm Pistons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tornik550
For Sale- used 96mm pistons. I do not know who the manufacturer is however there is a marking that can be seen in one of the pictures. Includes the pins. These were removed from a previous engine. The valves hit the pistons as can be seen in the pictures- this should not effect performance. Also, in the last picture, at the very bottom it appears that the top edge of the piston is dented. I have no idea how this could have happened however I do not think it should cause issues (just my opinion).

$50 shipped to CONUS- anywhere else, please contact me.
tornik550
the apparent dent is actually on the right side of the last picture
tornik550
OBO
sean_v8_914
look like NPR. Nippon Piston Ring Co. they are a major Japanese manufacturer of pistons for Honda hyundai and others. they stopped making type 4 stuff in the late 80 because the market was too small for their operation
NPRs are heavy and tough. the crown is thick and the pin boss is heavy duty. I let a set ping away for a year on ARCO gas...I did say tough
reharvey
Nice to see someone else from eastern Ohio on here. Ray
tornik550
QUOTE(reharvey @ Aug 29 2011, 01:54 PM) *

Nice to see someone else from eastern Ohio on here. Ray

Yeh- its not everyday I see a 914. I saw one 4 years ago. I did however recently find out that my neighbor has one. Not too common around here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.