Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7-11 MOWOG Autocross, St. Cloud MN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave-O
Just got back from my first Autocross and what a blast! The day started out rainy but turned into a great day. 3 914's were in attendence: My own 1970, Robert Mossinghoff's 74 1.8, and David Parsons' 73. I learned a lot and met some new people. I even had a chance for Dave to ride along with me on a fun run (that was by far my most sloppy run of the day! Honest! wink.gif My last run was my fastest of the day but i was a still a good 10 seconds slower than the other people in my class.

David
Dave-O
I'll get the pictures posted after supper.
Dave-O
Here's my car, Ready to Roll!
Dave-O
Robert's 914
Dave-O
Dave's 914
Dave-O
Robert's Tow Vehicle
Dave-O
The Front part of the course.
Dave-O
The back part of the course. This part was closer to a road course than a traditional autocross.
Dave-O
Robert and I ran at the same time, But i did get a few pictures of Dave running.
Dave-O
Another
Dave-O
Last one, mid-engined and VW powered? confused24.gif
rick 918-S
Wow! boldblue.gif Sounds like a great time! clap56.gif Next time post a message before the event. Maybe I can join you guys. alien_2.gif
ottox914
Hey Dave, Dave Parsons here, thanks for the nice picts of 473 in action. You are right, your last run was a little "slippy". Too bad we ran out of time for a fun run in the mine. Had problems all day with throttle sticking. Time for a new cable, as more lube didn't help any. Best runs were at about 3/4 throttle in second, never to the floor, or 1/2 throttle (bog city) in 3rd. Was still running consistant 1:20's on street tires. I think Robert said his best time in the red PCA "J" stock 914 w/hoosiers was a mid 1:19. Keep at it, it only gets more fun...
Part Pricer
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Jul 12 2004, 01:41 PM)
Dave Parsons here, thanks for the nice picts of 473 in action...

Dave,

What have you done to your car that puts you in SM2 and not Street Prepared?
ottox914
Right now, just the BMW front brakes. All the other cars in SM2 are pretty wild, turbo'd or blown miatas, MR2 second gen with coilovers all around and a some turbo tuning, an old '73 opel GT with a big carb'd 2.3, (owned by an auto shop teacher, so its pretty trick all around). So why an I there? An odd desire to turbo the 914 in the next season or 2, so why not run with the big dogs, and see how close I can come. Heck, on a short track, (40 sec) on street tires I won the season opener against those guys.
Dave-O
Oh i will be back i assure you. Dave, are you coming to the PCA event in St Cloud in 2 weeks? I would certainly like to get some more advice from you if you are going to attend.

BTW: Rich, there is a PCA event in saint cloud in 2 weeks laugh.gif . I'd sure love to see/hear/watch the Alien in action! burnout.gif .

David
ottox914
The good Lord and good wife permitting, I'll be there. My folks are planning to be up from Oklahoma to watch the yellow car (mine, not yours) in action.
ottox914
The good Lord, and good wife willing I'll be there. My folks may be up from Oklahoma to see the yellow car (mine, not yours) in action. My friend Steve and the copper 1st gen rx-7 may be there also.
Dave-O
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Jul 12 2004, 07:40 PM)
The good Lord, and good wife willing I'll be there. My folks may be up from Oklahoma to see the yellow car (mine, not yours) in action. My friend Steve and the copper 1st gen rx-7 may be there also.

Hey Dave,
About the PCA event, Do they have loner helmets available. I was looking over the entry information and it didn't say anything about them. Also, looks like i'll have to put a fire extinguisher in my car. Can you just pick these up at a FLAPS or any other recomendations? I'm puting a good set of non-retractibe 3 point belts in my car because i think i would prefer to be "locked down" a little more.

David
ottox914
Dave- don't know about the loaner lids w/nord stern PCA group. If you've well and truely been bitten by the autox bug, just buy one. Look for one with as "sa" rating, rather than "sm". Both are legal for MAC events, but the SA is auto, SM is motorcycle, and some clubs frown upon that rating. I checked the nord stern site, no specific info on fire ext. for autocross. You may be reading the rules for "drivers ed" or club racing. Best to call the event master to get the straight scoop. The site is www.nordstern.org.

See ya.
ottox914
Dave- plans have changed for the PCA event weekend, with my folks in town and all, so I'm out for that event, but hope to see you at the next mowog.
Dave-O
That's too bad. I'll let you know how it goes. See you in a few weeks.

David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.