Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Project Progress Report
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
After getting very little 914 time in yesterday, today I accomplished the following:

Using a wire disk on a dremel, I de-carbonized my head chambers.
Using a wire disk on a drill, I de-carbonized all my valves.
What a thankless chore. mad.gif

Removed all the gears from my tranny and two other donor trannys. I discovered that my tranny had a busted bearing race in the intermediate plate on my pinion shaft. unsure.gif Fortunately, one of the donors has a good one. Also it looks like I have good low and second gear syncros, dog teeth & sliders from the donors. And I now have an additinal 5th gear to swap for my 3rd! Will have it confirmed tomorrow, but it looks like I may be pulling about 1,000.00 worth of parts from these two donor trannys (which were given to me for free). rolleyes.gif

Just wanted to say thanks to Craig Mitchell, a list member, for offering his air conditioned shop and expertise to accomplish this.

Still have to lap valves, lap cylinders to the heads that were flycut, hone the cylinders, paint the engine bay and tin, but am getting close to starting re-assembly. Oh yeah, have to re-assemble the tranny. laugh.gif

It's just nice to be making some progress.

beer.gif
Jeff Bonanno
Wow! sounds like a great teener filled day!

i'm jealous - i was up to my elbows in mud, rocks and roots attempting to fix a busted water main. two days in and still not done. teener will have to wait!

(btw, i wish i had two extra trannies when i rebuilt mine!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.