Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6GT Replica
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
PCA7GGR
Recently, Peter, my 31 year son, bought back my 914-6GT replica. Unfortunately, his bad back has decided that this is not the car he should have. As such, I am trying to help him find a good home for it. It's a well sorted out street/track car (current CA registration):

Car was 3rd from the last 1970 chassis made (last 1970 was #4702913312). It was converted in the ‘70s to 914-6 GT replica specs by The Venice Beach Boys, a So. CA Porsche shop.

General Description
Signal Orange with 3.2ltr six, GT steel flares, 5-lug conversion w/ SC front suspension, Fuchs alloy wheels (4 - 8X15s) and Yokohama 034A “R” tires (4 - 225/50s). Black interior. Rust Free Chassis with no dings or dents. Street/Track car with current CA registration.

Drivetrain

3.2 ltr. DME six cylinder motor with Raceware rod bolts and Cyntec custom performance DME chip - approx. 10K mi. since rebuild which included splitting the case, new main & rod bearings (std/std size),
maniflex & balance crank, rods and flywheel, rebuilt rods (resize and rebush), Raceware rod bolts/nuts, removed & bead-blasted pistons, complete valve job and new gasket set

Factory 914-6 center engine mount, 914-6 oil tank, 1 3/4” headers and K&N air filter. Fresh 901 side-shift transmission with billet intermediate plate, Quiaffe limited slip, new synchros, new main shaft bearing, short 3rd, 4th and 5th gears (M/S/X), Kennedy clutch assembly, new clutch, and short shifter. Leguna sport muffler (92 dB max). front-mounted PowerHaus 20’ oil cooler with Turbotrol thermostat/oil bypass, stainless steel braided oil line. New pedal/shift bushings and Optima battery.

Suspension and Brakes
SC front end with 944T front/rear brake caliper, new Carrera drill rotors (Zimmermans) and, 22mm Sway-Away torsion bars, 22mm Weltmeister thru-the-body swaybar, and “Cool Brake” ducting. Rear has height adjustable rear Bilstein sport shocks, 220 lb. springs, SC brake calipers. New Hawk brake pads all around.

Recent weight balance with competition alignment.

[u]Exterior
[/b]
Signal Orange with “M-471” option (steel flares, fiberglass flared front valance (w/ oil cooler cutout), bumpers, hood, trunk lid and flared side valances) – car weighs in at 2300lbs. H4 Cebie headlights and European front/rear lenses. Polished Fuchs alloy wheels with satin black outline (8X15s all around with longer studs and spacers), 100wt driving lights in-place of fog lights, factory left/right side mirrors and excellent rubber. Front hood has factory latch and hood pins while rear trunk has factory lockable latch and rubber tie-downs.

Interior[b]
Black upholstery in excellent condition. Momo Corsa driver’s and Recaro passenger seats, 914-6 dash (w/ ignition left of steering wheel) and 914-6 steering column. Custom rollbar (w/ removable “Petty” bar), 5pt. safety harness w/ 3’ laps & fire extinguisher.

$28k or best offer. PM for more info and/or pics - thanks
sjhowitson
I should have grabed this car when I had the chance. Now kids college is keeping me away from it again.
Good luck with the sale
sjhowitson
BUMP!!!!
Cairo94507
That is a beautiful car and it saddens me that it is from my neck of the woods and I have never seen it on the road. I hope it stays local and best wishes on the sale-sadly.

I would love to see more pictures of this beauty.
PCA7GGR
The reason you haven't seen it on the road is that for the last 8 years it was owned by a friend in Nipomo near San Luis Obispo. Here are some more pics of the car:
Cairo94507
Ahhhh, make sense. Love the car.
PCA7GGR
I do too. But with a "70 based RSR and an '06 Cayman S in the garage, the 6 gotta go so that Peter has something to drive besides his mothers '06 WRX wagon.

"Why doesn't he drive the the RSR nor CS?", you ask. Fear of dad's wrath if snything happened to either while he's behind the wheel - ;>)
patrick3000
Pm sent
PCA7GGR
Car is sold pending funds - thanks.
MikeSpraggi
I know a secret.
sixaddict
Great to hear Sergio..........anybody wanting one would be far ahead buying this as opposed to building one .....Solid cars sell !
Terry

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 18 2011, 12:05 AM) *

I know a secret.

PCA7GGR
Car is sold - thanks.
Gint
Grats. Mind telling us what it sold for?
PCA7GGR
I'm kinda old fashion and believe that a selling price is something private between a buyer and seller.
Gint
No harm in asking.
PCA7GGR
"No harm in asking"- I agree. As I used to tell my son, "The worst they can do is say no".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.