Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper Mounting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
When mounting the windshield wiper assembly, there's a rubber isolator or shock mount that threads into the wiper frame next to the motor then bolts to the bulkhead forward of the dash. Are these still available, and where? Car is a '75.

Thanks,

Andys
PanelBilly
On my blue car I cheated and used a straight bolt with a thick rubber washer. I had to modify where it bolted to the body as the angle was different. I had ordered one from AA. They said they had one in stock. I re dived it used about six weeks after I ordered it. I called and canceled the order , but they shipped and charged me for it anyways.
BIGKAT_83
Still have them at AA,but super expensive. The mounts for a MSD6 box are very close to the same thing and way cheaper.

MSD MOUNTS

Bob w00t.gif
andys
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 28 2011, 09:11 AM) *

Still have them at AA,but super expensive. The mounts for a MSD6 box are very close to the same thing and way cheaper.

MSD MOUNTS

Bob w00t.gif

Thanks Bob,

Those are available from McMaster-Carr, and I do have some with M6 threads, but they're too short. The 914 part is 1 1/4" long (the rubber portion); are those MSD parts 1 1/4" and have M6 threads?

Andys
kconway
I used these from mcmaster-carr. Page 1368.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-isolators/=dtflnp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.