Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 Chronical thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thestigz06
Well i bought a 914 that i found on craigslist for only $450 dollars.... little did i know the emotional breaking point it would show me! I love this car and drive it everyday weather it is for business or just bombing around with my dog riding shotgun. I cannot wait for a full restore down to the tub but for now its great, how many kids can say a Porsche(it says it on there!) was their first car

Pick up day.... aktion035.gif
IPB Image
A guy drove by after i walked back to the car and said "That's a cool car man!"
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Damage assessment.... ROUGH! barf.gif

Bodywork/Minor Mechanical S%$@ block Time.... sawzall-smiley.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Thestigz06
While the wheels were off i wanted to redo them.... on a 7 dollar budget! shades.gif
Before....
IPB Image
After....
IPB Image

Put her back together so shes a semi-presentable roller fore we work underneath
IPB Image

Off to Brads shop for the mechanical overhaul with a PROPER set of tools... bye1.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

The day she came back, after the first drive!!!!
IPB Image
IPB Image

UH OH!!! My brother put in the new throttle cable and it melted against the positive side of the coil and jammed the throttle open, after that was replaced the car refused to light so there she sits... headbang.gif
IPB Image
i replaced the ignition system to a compufire electronic set up with new plugs and wires and she fired on up after she was timed properly. Thats when i got my first REAL 914 experience! aktion035.gif

Took her to school and made my friends park around me to protect her, later found a friend with a 986!
IPB Image
IPB Image

Did my first long trip shake down, where else to i go but the coast!
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
My buddies tagged along in a blue baja and a support truck.....just in case
IPB Image
IPB Image

I drove her for a month or so before i had a tire blow out and fuel pump in ONE NIGHT!!! headbang.gif
IPB Image

I took the time of her being on blocks to put some paint on her since the primer just wasnt cutting it!
IPB Image

Coming back from Idyllwild, CA
IPB Image

And the cherry on top, i won first place for special interest At Familienfest 17 a little over a year after i got her.
IPB Image

I will never be done with this car and i eventually want to restore her to her former glory, i hope you enjoy this uhhhh Build thread? i dunno i had fun though and thats all that matters! first.gif
ripper911
Glad you're enjoying your car! Just keep driving the hell out of it.
poorsche914
I like the German flag on the top. smilie_flagge6.gif
Thestigz06
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 28 2011, 06:34 PM) *

I like the German flag on the top. smilie_flagge6.gif

lol thanks, the whole car was just too black!
wertygrog
Cool car, I saw it at Familienfest. It sounded good when you pulled in! Nice chrome bumpers. I brought my '64 vw Deluxe minibus there.

You have a good project, keep going on it!! beerchug.gif

p.s. my first car was a 'porsche' too, we are a rare breed haha.
Thestigz06
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Aug 28 2011, 09:42 PM) *

Cool car, I saw it at Familienfest. It sounded good when you pulled in! Nice chrome bumpers. I brought my '64 vw Deluxe minibus there.

You have a good project, keep going on it!! beerchug.gif

p.s. my first car was a 'porsche' too, we are a rare breed haha.

Thanks very much!

I'm pretty jealous cuz i really want a bus for my next project!
nsr-jamie
small steps are important...I dont think it matters how long they take as long as you make some progress from time to time..many people have taken decades to finish their cars and than they always want to do more things...so its kind of a never ending process that is lots of fun. Keep it up and cheers!!
7TPorsh
Great fun. You did fix those hanging fuel lines under the car?
Thestigz06
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Aug 29 2011, 08:05 AM) *

Great fun. You did fix those hanging fuel lines under the car?

Yeah, i ordered new lines and ran them through the tunnel like theyre supposed to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.