Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why I can live in The 909
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Duffster
Ok, it started out as a errand. Take the red car, blast through a few orange groves, get the stuff, come home. Simple. But somehow the car turned right instead of left, and the grove run led out through the McMansion Tracts to my favorite road around Lake Mathews. Ok, what the hell, I'm already late, whats wrong with a short haul through the Gallivan Hills? Just 15 miles of curves. How long could that take? Hey! This road comes out on California 74! The Ortega Highway!

I'll just turn around at the edge of Lake Smellsomemore and come home. Or just take a real short run through the chapparal and go to the Ortega Summit. Dunlops screamin' , thinking of Lawrence's tag line about "every curve a come-on, every downshift a kiss". The heat of the chapparal gives away to a sudden shudder of cool from the oaks and pines.

Not much traffic. No B&Ws. I shouldn't waste this evening-the carbs are actually balanced pretty well. Ok, now that jerk in the PT Cruiser goofed up and let me slingshot him and I'm alone on the road. "every curve a come-on..." . Faster and faster... feel like I'm in some BMW commercial. I feel like I should be a 914 commercial...(shoulda bought these. They're like good sex!)

Now we're out of hand. I turn around the median on Pacific Coast Highway and start sheepishly back. Faster and faster... 7 series commercial again, "every downshift a kiss..." over the Ortega Summit. Faster and Faster. Make those Dunlops sing! Drive in an antisocial manner! Faster! Faster!

I can smell the lemon blossoms as I turn in the drive. What was I supposed to get???
Rick_Eberle
I think you just found the road to Nirvana...
I swear I could feel warm summer air flowing through my hair as I read that!
Beautiful!

See ya,
Rick
SLITS
Nice, would have liked to play "tag" on your errand biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
mmmm. the lake mattheews/cajalco roads wub.gif
Dead Air
Nice!
Howard
Duffster, that's what it's all about. Well said. Still think we should all get together one day per month and do this. Or just post here when the urge to burn dead dinosaurs for no practical reason calls.

I'm lucky enough to live near great roads, and try to go out for a little R&R 2 or 3 evenings per week. Great cobweb removal, sure beats watching reruns.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.