Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obscure Conversion Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
My conversion is based around a late 74 car. The charcoal canister for the fuel vapors was located in the engine compartment and space is at a premium. That plastic tube that ran down the tunnel is all but toast.

I assume that I still need that canister to disapate the fuel vapors. Did you reinstall it or move it elsewhere?

Kev
McMark
70-73 cars had them in the front on top of the gas tank. Air was pushed from the engine and back through two tubes running under the driver side rocker.
pcar916
My '74 conversion still had it on there before I installed a cell, but after this many years I seriously doubt the activated charcoal is still doing much. That stuff works because activated charcoal has enormous surface area for particulates to get stuck into. It eventually gets effectively "loaded up" like a hand file that needs to be carded.

It would be useful if a new charge of charcoal could be installed. I've never broken one apart but I know where there's one in my store room! If only there was more time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.