Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new shifter update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JWest
Here is a pic of the completed shifter for a side-shifter. The actual one in the pic will be going to korijo.

I have updated the website some - much more to come but I need to get the actual shifter production underway first.
Zeke
Outstanding!!
TimT
I want.

you have mail
Mueller
Does the top plate have slots for the screws?
JWest
Mike, I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I think you are talking about the base plate.

It has a slotted rear screw hole to allow for alignment. The original side-shifter had a stick that was free to spin -- mine can't so the base plate can rotate slightly.

If that's not what you were refering to then ask me again.
Mueller
I thought the factory plate has slots for the thru holes, maybe I'm thinking of another shifter or who knows smile.gif

Looks good, is that polished? and if so, will production parts be the same way? (extra expense)
Brad Roberts
Will you make a 9146 shifter for tail and side shift ??

I need the slot for the hand throttle in both shifters (as will others)

B
Aaron Cox
sweet shifter!
keep up the good work-
what is your production quota? how many are you making?
Gint
I need the slot for the hand throttle in both shifters (as will others)

Excellent point Mr. B I will need the slot also.

And it looks like excellent work James.
Pnambic
Yeah, how many orders are already in? How long do you think it will take to fill existing orders?

Unfortunately, I've got plenty of other more pressing purchases to make in the near future mueba.gif .
JmuRiz
I can't wait to hear a review on the short shift variation of this. If I can have a shorter throw with positive shifts in my 914 I will be in shifting heaven biggrin.gif Keep us posted on reviews etc. I'm sure the list is growing, I maybe adding myself soon.

Nathan
PS: Thanks for all your work to try and make our cars shift better.
JWest
Tim - I did not get any mail from you but you are already on my list.

Mike - no slots on the factory one - just round holes (I am very intimate with it after all the measuring I have done wacko.gif). Yes it is polished, it will probably be a $25 option over a textured black paint finish. The stick will be painted gloss black.

Brad - check out my website (bottom of this post). I give an options page where I list stuff like hand throttle. I plan to offer the slot if desired. Any other options I should consider?

I have 40+ orders in right now. I need to produce a few more without having to build jigs at the same time before I can tell how long each will take.

The one shown is 30% shift throw reduction.

The only real issue for fitment is that it will not fit the early small shift boot, or the factory center console plate. I might offer a replacement console plate in the future if there is interest.

It will come with the "mini" boot shown - a late 911 boot will also work to cover down to the carpet.
StratPlayer
Yes a center console plate, put me on the list for a center console plate, already have my name on the list for the shifter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.