Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very Rough Matching Numbers 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
racerbvd
Porsche only built a total of 3,351 from 1969 to 1972, and many of those got bigger engines, crashed, raced, rusted completely away, flat out disappeared, so there is value in a matching # 914-6 even a rusty one.

Very rusty matching #s and all the "correct" 914-6 stuff is there..
Yes it is rough, check out the cost for a correct set of HEs, 914-6 Webers , 914-6 tranny & you are close to my price right there, this one even has all 5 matching Fuchs.... Course, the fact that it is a matching # car, with the Docs helps alot. $6,500. We have all seen Porsches in worse condition saved and there aren't very many 914-6 with matching numbers left and many see 914-6s as the next 356 Speeder in values..
Yea, she is a rough one:eek: but you can get replacement sheet-metal at Restoration Design.

http://www.restoration-design.com/Merchant...tegory_Code=914
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

more pix here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...9512&type=1
racerbvd
SOLD!!!

If you think it is too rusty, buy this 914-6 tub,
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=92489

While it won't be a matching # car, it will still be all OEM 914-6 biggrin.gif
Series9
I know you want to trade.

I want to see this car.

I can say for sure, though, that I will not trade $6k worth of whatever for it.
914.SBC
Wow I know they are highly sought after but that is a lot of rust...a lot of rust and I bet there is way more rust not dipicted in the pics.
ewdysar
It actually appears to be in better condition than a number of cars that I've seen restored. For a car where all the numbers match, this looks like a good project. It's just too far away (too much extra money in checking it out then getting it to my side of the country) for me to consider stepping up to this one.
FourBlades

This looks easier to fix than the IMSA car I have been working on.

If you are going to repair a rusty 914, why not start with one that will be an
original 6 when you are done?

Good luck, Byron!

John
carr914
Good, now we are back to the Original subject.

I think it is a fair price, especially compared to my -6 that I purchased in 08', My car was probably as bad or worse( of course I have not seen Byron's in person). I bought my car for $8k and it included another -4 Tub ( which I sold for $500), extra parts that I sold off. I probably ended at $4500 to 5k. Then the rustoration started
Gint
Thread cleanup has taken place.
inschool
Of course this car is in rough shape, it lived in Jersey...
Bump for a doable build
Series9
Come on Byron. I think my shop would make a good new home for this one.

How about 60 hours of labor?
racerbvd
QUOTE(Series9 @ Oct 9 2011, 12:38 PM) *

Come on Byron. I think my shop would make a good new home for this one.

How about 60 hours of labor?

If timing was better, but the other 914-6 is over budget & I need the cash and now that I'm doing PT 3 times a week isn't helping either.
racerbvd
Lots of over seas interest, and I checked on shipping, price was reasonable, but none have stepped up to the plate as they said they would.. WTF.gif
racerbvd
Big Project, but not like they are sitting on every corner...
racerbvd
As stated, included the OEM Fuchs, date coded 11/69, that the car was delivered with & spare..
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
How about that Michelin White Wall.....
IPB Image

Heater boxes are solid...
IPB Image
IPB Image
Engine #..
IPB Image
racerbvd
Sold, going home to Germany beerchug.gif , beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Maybe it'll be the restoration raffle gift for PCA next year!!!
mepstein
Congrats. I wouldn't have had the patience to wait it out like you did.
carr914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 31 2012, 12:23 PM) *

You're Trailering it to Germany? The Buyer must have promised you a Weinsteiner Girl at the other end
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.