Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 newbie with long story..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
my wife hates my car
ok, so here goes.....I finally got on 914 world....been tryin' for a month, finally it works. So here is my story. My name is Hank. About 4 years ago, times were tight, everything stopped up here in michigan,so I started scrappin' junk metal. A buddy of mine found a bunch of junk, & the folks were moving, so it was all mine, also, there was a car in the garage, that I could have for free, or cheap. he thought it was a Fiat. I didn't really care, I just seen 200 bucks. I loaded it up on the trailer, stopped at the beer store, and some old dude was out there checkin' out my car. He said "son, what you gonna do with that car?" I said "i'm gonna scrap it" with a big smile. He said " son, that car is worth at least 3000 dollars, don't scrap it". I laughed, took my junk car home, and started thinkin' bout the old man. I found out it was a porsche, a 914. I started lookin on ebay, I seen a set of door panels that sold for 75 bucks.......I put my panels on ebay, I got 75 bucks. I have learned quite a bit since then.I have lost my arse on alot of stuff, but I just brought home my 16th 914 last weekend. About number 11, I fell in love. I bought a 1976 914, with a rod knock. It is clean, REAL clean. I will be pulling the engine within the next few weeks, will be needin' lots of help. If any of you are still readin' this, am I a fool to turn a 1976 914 into a creamsicle clone? I love that cream/orange look, I have the mahles & the spoiler, & I can spray paint. I know they only made a few thousand of those 76's. The beech is, up here in michigan, evrything is rusted so bad........this is the first one that was too nice to scrap. Oh ya, if you guys need parts, I got em......but I am self employed, and currentley buisness is VERY busy. I can help ya, but I take forever. I try to put about 50 things a month on ebay when work is slow, I have probobly sold to many of you (mayfieldman12) sORRY ABOUT THE LONG POST, BUT i HAVE BEEN TRYIN' TO GET ON HERE FOR MONTHS & MONTHS.....FINALLY IT WORKS. TTYL, HANK caps lock sucks.I'm not redoin' it.hope this posts!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(my wife hates my car @ Aug 29 2011, 09:15 PM) *

ok, so here goes.....I finally got on 914 world....been tryin' for a month, finally it works. So here is my story. My name is Hank. About 4 years ago, times were tight, everything stopped up here in michigan,so I started scrappin' junk metal. A buddy of mine found a bunch of junk, & the folks were moving, so it was all mine, also, there was a car in the garage, that I could have for free, or cheap. he thought it was a Fiat. I didn't really care, I just seen 200 bucks. I loaded it up on the trailer, stopped at the beer store, and some old dude was out there checkin' out my car. He said "son, what you gonna do with that car?" I said "i'm gonna scrap it" with a big smile. He said " son, that car is worth at least 3000 dollars, don't scrap it". I laughed, took my junk car home, and started thinkin' bout the old man. I found out it was a porsche, a 914. I started lookin on ebay, I seen a set of door panels that sold for 75 bucks.......I put my panels on ebay, I got 75 bucks. I have learned quite a bit since then.I have lost my arse on alot of stuff, but I just brought home my 16th 914 last weekend. About number 11, I fell in love. I bought a 1976 914, with a rod knock. It is clean, REAL clean. I will be pulling the engine within the next few weeks, will be needin' lots of help. If any of you are still readin' this, am I a fool to turn a 1976 914 into a creamsicle clone? I love that cream/orange look, I have the mahles & the spoiler, & I can spray paint. I know they only made a few thousand of those 76's. The beech is, up here in michigan, evrything is rusted so bad........this is the first one that was too nice to scrap. Oh ya, if you guys need parts, I got em......but I am self employed, and currentley buisness is VERY busy. I can help ya, but I take forever. I try to put about 50 things a month on ebay when work is slow, I have probobly sold to many of you (mayfieldman12) sORRY ABOUT THE LONG POST, BUT i HAVE BEEN TRYIN' TO GET ON HERE FOR MONTHS & MONTHS.....FINALLY IT WORKS. TTYL, HANK caps lock sucks.I'm not redoin' it.hope this posts!

welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
my wife hates my car
Thanks for the welcome! Just curious, is your avatar a 6? Sure is a nice lookin' teener. Hank driving.gif I love this smilie
Spoke
welcome.png

Welcome to the World. Sounds like a nice car. An engine knock can be fixed. Is it a 1.8L or 2L?

And by the way,

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Zimms
welcome.png

Post some pics and save the VINs for the database. We keep a record of any known cars, scrapped or not. The VIN database is here:

VIN Database
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
my wife hates my car
2.0L.........front/rear sway bars, it's got it all , i named her "Stella".
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(my wife hates my car @ Aug 29 2011, 09:35 PM) *

Thanks for the welcome! Just curious, is your avatar a 6? Sure is a nice lookin' teener. Hank driving.gif I love this smilie

The car in the avtar is actually a silver six that has been photoshopped to look like what I hope mine looks like when completed although mine will still be a four with a lot of power.
poorsche914
Hank... welcome.png
Glad you are finally able to join us.

I have bought from Hank recently and he was a pleasure to deal with. Good communication and great prices.

steve

driving.gif
my wife hates my car
Zimms, I will post pics soon. & I will do the vin # thing, I have already scrapped 7 of em.

Rick, pics are comin', I need to wash her.

Hot shoe, beautifull either way.....\

Steve....perhaps it was your help that got me on here.....hopefully those parts worked for ya!
poorsche914
QUOTE(my wife hates my car @ Aug 29 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Steve....perhaps it was your help that got me on here.....hopefully those parts worked for ya!

The site was just moved to a new server so looks like whatever issues there were with you being able to log in are now gone.
Interior pieces are still in the box. Been working on getting my LE back to driving condition. Just need to install heat exchangers and muffler and should be good to go.
Once I have her running decent, I will work on the interior.

A Creamsicle tribute car would be cool by me cheer.gif Of course, I may be slightly biased creamsicle914.jpg

driving.gif
Cairo94507
Welcome Hank. I love that you have had so many 914's. I love them to but am only on my 4th- the last three have all been original sixes. Enjoy them all.
KELTY360
Look on the bright side.....you'd have been really screwed if it was a Fiat. lol-2.gif

Git that rattle can out and make yourself an ice cream bar.

welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(Zimms @ Aug 29 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Post some pics and save the VINs for the database. We keep a record of any known cars, scrapped or not. The VIN database is here:

VIN Database

agree.gif

Please enter the VIN numbers of the cars you have cut up and mark them as "dead".

Welcome to the madness! biggrin.gif

welcome.png
my wife hates my car
Steve.....I saved your creamsicle smilie.wil be my new cristmas card. would love to see a pic or two when your done, especially the interior.

Cairo.if only I had your cash...........

kelty... you are right, I could be on a fiat site..is there such a thing/ Whta the hell is a fiat anyways? Didn't chrysler buy em / or vise versa? I just love my little Porsche (Stella) Glad everybody is for the cream/orange look..guess that is where I'm goin. hank
my wife hates my car
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 29 2011, 11:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Zimms @ Aug 29 2011, 07:40 PM) *

VIN Database

agree.gif

Please enter the VIN numbers of the cars you have cut up and mark them as "dead".

Welcome to the madness! biggrin.gif

welcome.png

How did you know I cut em up/? .....cuz I did.................
markb
welcome.png
PanelBilly
What's so special about a creamsickle? I think you should blast off all the paint and put that stuff on that makes metal rust. It could be the first "rat-teener". THAT would be different.

Welcome to our world of fun.
Als914
welcome.png And show us some pics
Dave_Darling
It might be fun to paint the Big Black Bumpers orange, if you can find a way to make it stick to the rubber nicely. smile.gif

It'd sure be different!!

--DD
Elliot Cannon
Well anyways I'm a thinkin' that when them boys on Sesame street was broadcastin' up to the letter "G" you wasn't payin' much attention. av-943.gif
carr914
welcome.png
my wife hates my car
ha ha "rat teener" that would fit in perfect up here in Flint Michigan. Just had "back to the bricks " last weekend, I must of seen 50 of them things, (rat rods) cheap & easy with a big motor. Can't wait till they all get painted some day.

Paint my big black bumpers? Well, first I gotta do this----> sawzall-smiley.gif and then this-----> smash.gif then this----> welder.gif , but I think I am up to the challenge.

What is a "g"? When I was in kinder garden, (hey I used it!) that letter fell down & they never replaced it. Don't really need it, just like folks on the east coast don't need the letter "r" "hey, that's some good chowda". get it? Ha ha, I do like chowder by the way.

Ok, I gotta go sand some floors, to pay for my new addiction.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.