Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Classifieds are up & running ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
the new Classifieds are up & running, please check it out and give me some beer, err, feedback i mean ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=SF&f=25

there's also a post on the bottom of the forum that gives you a link to the old classifieds,
they will be active for a while, until people have moved their stuff over to the new pages ...

beerchug.gif Andy
SirAndy
OK, rule number 1 (hey Andrew wavey.gif )

because we now have "for sale" and "want to buy" in a single forum,
PLEASE
put either "FS" or "WTB" in the title so people know what you're up to ...

boldblue.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jul 12 2004, 02:56 PM)
unless Andy objects

no sir ...
spare time toys
Looks GOOD beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
anthony
Is email notification gone?
Rusty
You'll need to subscribe to notification for that particular category (forum) like you do in the regular forums.

Not interested in someone selling their snowblower, or race parts, or whatever... don't subscribe to that forum, and keep your mailbox clutter-free. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 12 2004, 03:17 PM)
Is email notification gone?

no.

as rusty said, you can "subscribe" to a complete forum and/or a single thread within a forum.

Andy
anthony
Are there any other controls other than clicking on subscribe/unsubscribe? Am I going to get an email every time there is a new post or every time there is a new thread?
SirAndy
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 12 2004, 03:33 PM)
Are there any other controls other than clicking on subscribe/unsubscribe? Am I going to get an email every time there is a new post or every time there is a new thread?

if you subscribe to a forum, you will get a email every time someone posts a new thread.
if you subscribe to a thread, you will get a email every time someone posts a new reply.

so, if you want to watch a certain forum, let's say "914 Memorabilia FS/Wanted", you subscribe to that forum and you get an email every time a new item is listed.

if you are a seller and you posted an AD you can subscribe to your own AD and you'll get an email every time someone posts a reply to your AD.

is that good enough for 'ya?
rolleyes.gif Andy
SirAndy
it's all here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t=0#entry189208
nebreitling
awesome, i think this will be a lot better.

thanks, guys smilie_pokal.gif
boxstr
I notice that you eliminated the "recently added" button.
Whats up.
CCL
VegasRacer
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 12 2004, 04:34 PM)
I notice that you eliminated the "recently added" button.
Whats up.
CCL

agree.gif

That was how I kept up to date on the ads.
Everytime I visited the Club site I would check on new ads.
Now I have to go to all the different categories where I could get all the new stuff in one place before.

Any chance "New Listings" can be an option in the new format?
SirAndy
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jul 12 2004, 07:51 PM)
Any chance "New Listings" can be an option in the new format?

yupp, i can add that, like, let's say the last 50 of all classifieds forums in one list ...

type.gif Andy
seanery
I really think this new setup is gonna improve visibility and ease administration of your ads. What else is cool is you can see how many hits your ad is getting. You couldn't do that with the old setup.

Good Job Rusty & SirAndy.
BIGKAT_83
I like the NEW ads alot better than the old. Easier to keep up with. Going to be selling alot of stuff in the future...............

Bob
Mike D.
I also liked the new ads being on top in the old classified. And the pic notification, The old ads told you if there was a pic of the car or part etc. can we have that in the new classifieds?

-Mike D.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jul 17 2004, 01:44 AM)
I also liked the new ads being on top in the old classified. And the pic notification, The old ads told you if there was a pic of the car or part etc. can we have that in the new classifieds?

they are ordered by date right now, newest ads on top.

as for the pics, that's something i have to look into ...
type.gif Andy
Eric_Shea
I found the "Moderation" button/drop down at the bottom of my posts today. This might be helpful to others:

In order to keep our classified section "Clean" please use the "moderation" drop down at the bottom of your post to "DELETE" it once you've sold the item or it becomes no longer available.
rhodyguy
what's the big secret about prices? please include them in your ads. think about including your zip code and the approximate weight for big items. make it easier on yourself so you don't have to answer "how much to ship to...". the rate tables are available at all of the major shippers.

kevin
dmenche914
Two suggestions with the new ads.

1. Have seperate sections for the for sale, and wanted catagories. This will help speed up searches for parts, or cars based on what you want, to sell or buy.

2. Provide more "topic discription" space, so one can read a bit more of the ad prior to opening the ad post. As it was before, one could scan the ads quickly, and often read most of the ad (or at least find the price, discription, and location) without having to open the ad.
This would narrow down the ads that are interesting to me, allowing me to open only them, without hunting thru each ad to find out what is for sale, price, location etc...

As it is now, if a sell (or buyer) of many parts makes a post, only a very brief discription will fit on the topic line for all to see, unless that post is opened. It takes longer to view the classifieds this way having to open each one, to get anything more than a brief discription.

Hope this is helpful input.
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 20 2004, 03:30 PM)
with the new thread on the main bbs, i don't think this thread needs to be nailed anymore.

i'll move it into the classifieds forum. i need the posts as a reminder for things to do ...

type.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.