Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with high beam wire-where does it go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
I have a 75 1.8, and when I purchased it, the high beams were stuck in the on position. I obtained a wiring diagram and have fixed it to the point that now the high beams aren't on, and the fog lights work, but I have no high beams.

In the wiring diagram the solid white terminates at "F". What or where is F in the diagram? The headlight relay only has 56, 30, S, 56a and 56b.

Thanks to anyone that can tell me where the solid white high beam plugs in.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(PBC914 @ Aug 30 2011, 05:08 PM) *

I have a 75 1.8, and when I purchased it, the high beams were stuck in the on position. I obtained a wiring diagram and have fixed it to the point that now the high beams aren't on, and the fog lights work, but I have no high beams.

In the wiring diagram the solid white terminates at "F". What or where is F in the diagram? The headlight relay only has 56, 30, S, 56a and 56b.

Thanks to anyone that can tell me where the solid white high beam plugs in.

"30" is battery voltage
"S" is the dimmer switch signal
"56" is power from the headlight switch
"56a" is the high beam (white) wire
'"56b" is the low beam (yellow) wire ("F")

It's interesting that the factory wiring shows the fog light switch getting its power from the high beam fuse, something that is illegal in the USA

If they don't work after hooking them up, it's possible you have a bad dimmer relay or it's not getting a ground signal through terminal "S".

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.