Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashing brake warning light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stecz
I just put speedbleeders and then flushed my brakes on my '73 2.0. I didn't have any issues and the brakes seem to be working great, but the brake warning light is flashing? The owners manual says that one of my circuits has a failure. I assume that means that I need to rebleed the brakes. Anything else it could be?

The only odd thing I can think of is that the emergency brake was one when I bled the rear brakes. Should that cause any problem?
SLITS
Go to the MC and reset the switch - consult your manual
sgomes
You have to reset the pressure sensor on the master cyclinder. It's the button sticking out the side of it.

Ask me how I know! rolleyes.gif

Shannon
scotty
agree.gif remove the "gravel shield" and there you are ! smile.gif

Speedbleeders are waycool beer.gif
SirAndy
yupp, agree.gif what they ^^^ say ...

gotta get to your MC and hit the reset switch. it's sticking out towards the drivers side of things.

wink.gif Andy
Part Pricer
QUOTE(scotty @ Jul 12 2004, 06:40 PM)
agree.gif remove the "gravel shield" and there you are ! smile.gif

Speedbleeders are waycool beer.gif

You don't need to remove the gravel shield. You can get to the switch on the MC from the driver's side. You don't even need to remove the wheel. Just turn the steering wheel all the way to the passenger side. Whoop, there it is.
stecz
I remembered hearing something about a reset switch, but I had know idea where it was...
stecz
Well that was easy... just turn the wheel, reach in and push the button.
lawrencedesigns
New owner/member here. So....what do you do when you remove the left wheel, peer into the darkness, find the master cylinder, and there is NO button.

I just pulled the wire to stop the tick tick tick until I rebuild the brake system. But what am I missing?

Keeth Lawrence
76 914 restoration project
SLITS
I would think it would be possible to remove the switch and recenter it.

Did you also check to see that the parking brake switch is working?
Part Pricer
QUOTE(lawrencedesigns @ Jul 15 2004, 12:21 AM)
New owner/member here. So....what do you do when you remove the left wheel, peer into the darkness, find the master cylinder, and there is NO button.

I just pulled the wire to stop the tick tick tick until I rebuild the brake system. But what am I missing?

Keeth Lawrence
76 914 restoration project

First off, I would recommend a flashlight. biggrin.gif

Anyway, the button is hidden under a rubber boot. In the crappy picture below, the rubber boot is #25 and the button (warning switch) is #23. You can press down on the rubber boot to reset the switch.

Oh, welcome to the club. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
Part Pricer
Here's a better crappy picture. Number 22 in this pic.
lawrencedesigns
A flashlight? (slapping forehead)...Of course...that's it!

Thanks for the pics guys...Yea, I found that switch. Thats how I removed the wire...but there is no button to push...Maybe I will re-investigate.

Thanks for the welcome!
McMark
I can't believe this is still going on! The two wire sensor DOES NOT HAVE A RESET SWITCH! Only the one wire one does. It's amazing to me that this is still being thrown around as the solution.
SirAndy
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Jul 15 2004, 12:48 PM)
I can't believe this is still going on! The two wire sensor DOES NOT HAVE A RESET SWITCH! Only the one wire one does. It's amazing to me that this is still being thrown around as the solution.

so where is his reset button then? confused24.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Jul 15 2004, 02:48 PM)

Please educate us.

What cars have a one-wire versus a two-wire sensor? Were you able to tell that he has a two-wire sensor since his car is a 76? When did they change over? I'd really like to know.

And, do you have an answer to Andy's question?

Thanks
Dave_Darling
Actually, I don't think it's quite that simple... I believe that some of them do have the reset button, and some don't... Supposedly, on the ones without a button, the switch will be reset when the pressure imbalance goes away.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.