Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct Map Pocket and Door Pull Color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
poorsche914
In an attempt to restore my Creamsicle's interior to original, I have a question concerning the color for the lower sections of the map pocket and door pull in cars with an interior color other than black.

I searched through members rides photos (well, 60 pages of it) and of the photos of cars with non-black interior AND showing the door panels I found it was pretty much 50/50. Not knowing if the photos depicted an original interior or a swapped interior, there is really no way for me to know what is the correct combination.

Does anyone know what years used all black and what years used the two-tone units?
More specifically, does anyone know what my LE should have? The correct interior is "tan" (cinnamon? camel?)

Thanks,
steve

driving.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Steve,
Did you review the photos in the "Nailed" original/refurbished interior thread near the top of this O&H Forum? Page 3 has several photos that may be of help to you.

Paul
poorsche914
Paul,

Yes, I went thru around 60 pages of that thread blink.gif
The photos of Blackstain's LE with cinnamon interior shows what I need.

Of the ones I could actually see the doors, 7 had black and 6 had tan. These were varying years from '72 to '76. No idea to know if they were original or not.

I did contact Johnny Blackstain and he said '73 had the two color style and in '74 they went back to all black. So unless I hear something different, that is what I am going with.

steve
Tom_T
Steve,

For 72, 73 & 74 MY Porsche called our interior color "Beige" with the identifier #31 with basketweave inserts or #32 with Corduroy inserts (I have 31 in my 73 2L) - see pic below that I used to correct PCNA's error on my COA when they called it black, which is #11.

From 72 MY
Click to view attachment

The fabrics changed for 75-76 & that may be where the carmel, cinnamon, etc. names came from. Also the stitching went to heat seamed on the seat cushion & back inserts, and that may have included part or all of 74 MY for heat seams.
http://www.bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm

They for sure went to all black on the map pockets & pass. armrest lower parts in the 75 & 76 MY, and I think it started sometime earlier in the 74 MY.
My early 73 built in 8/72 still had the color matched (beige) pocket/armrest.

I'd suggest that you PM or email to Jeff Bowlsby off of his 914 CANAM website to confirm, since he's the LE Guru - http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

If you're sure that those door panels & armrest/map pocket are original to the LE, then it may be a good indicator that it's correct, but unfortunately this much later it's hard to tell in many cases.

Hope this helps some, along with Jeff's confirmation.
beerchug.gif
poorsche914
Thanks, Tom. Good idea about contacting Jeff. Think I will do that.

steve

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.