Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ::FS:: 914 roller with Sheridan Widebody Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914_1.8t
Bought this car about 2-3 month ago to do a build but plans have changed and the car is up for sale. Car is a 72 shell stripped down to bare bones and has a roll cage welded into the cabin (very solid roll cage). Body is not perfect by any means...some parts need to be replaced, it is a project welder.gif . The main attraction is a brand new Sheridan Standard Widebody kit and includes:
STANDARD VERSION PORSCHE 914 FIBERGLASS NOSE $1000.00 (APPROX. WEIGHT 16 LBS.)
STANDARDVERSION PORSCHE 914 FIBERGLASS REAR QTR. PANELS $700.00 (PAIR) (APPROX. WEIGHT EA. 6 LBS)
STANDARD VERSION PORSCHE 914 FIBERGLASS ROCKER PANELS $250.00 (PAIR) (APPROX. WEIGHT 1 1/2 LBS)
STANDARD VERSION PORSCHE 914 FIBERGLASS REAR VALANCE $250.00 (APPROX. WEIGHT 2 LBS)

The is not installed yet, the front is put on with a couple of screws and the rear is just hanging. on the quarters. Rockers and valance are not pictured but in the same condition.

I paid $1750 for the car and that is going to be my asking price...I just want to recover my money. I will also include a set of extra rebuilt trailing arms with new bearings @ no charge, since they came with the car. Car is in Fremont, CA 94539 and can be viewed any day before 8pm (it is in storage and I believe 8pm is the latest entry).

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Shoot me a PM if your interested and I can send you my # to discuss this. P.S.: The racing seat is not included...it a cheapo ebay seat and I need it for my sons driving simulator, dry.gif b/c I promised to build him one driving.gif

Thanks!
914_1.8t
Dropping price to 1550...who wants it.
rohar
Damnit, somebody buy this thing. I ain't got the cash this month and if it doesn't sell shortly, I'm not gonna be able to sleep at night as I'll be out on East Sprague trying to come up with a couple of bucks.

wgfp
Call me. I'm in Bay area. Larry 408 656 0557
rnellums
I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago and am still waiting on photos I am interested.
914_1.8t
QUOTE(wgfp @ Sep 3 2011, 08:48 AM) *

Call me. I'm in Bay area. Larry 408 656 0557

I"ll give you call Monday.

QUOTE(rnellums @ Sep 4 2011, 08:49 AM) *

I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago and am still waiting on photos I am interested.

I will get detailed pics up tomorrow.
carr914
If this was only 2500 Miles Closer, it would be mine evilgrin.gif

GLWTS
914_1.8t
Went to storage yesterday but forgot my camera...will go back again today or tomorrow and finally get more pics.
r_towle
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 5 2011, 09:32 AM) *

If this was only 2500 Miles Closer, it would be mine evilgrin.gif

GLWTS

Ditto, not that either one of us really needs it....but I do like the body.
rnellums
Still interested.
tadink
QUOTE(914_1.8t @ Sep 7 2011, 11:45 AM) *

Went to storage yesterday but forgot my camera...will go back again today or tomorrow and finally get more pics.

Sent you a PM - am local and interested!

thx

td
914_1.8t
Still havn't had time to go down to storage and take good pics.

Here's a answers to a few question I received:
1. 4 or 5 lug wheels?
4 Lug wheels

2. any suspension work done or is it stock?
No idea what type of suspension it has.

3. are there brakes?
It does have brakes and calipers, I'm assuming they are stock but have not inspected them.

4. is the interior bare? pedal cluster?
No Pedal cluster...completely stripped.

5. do the doors operate? it appears the cage is along the sides as well....
Doors do open and close and seem to line up to the stock body just fine. However there is no handles or any other mechanisms, stripped down to bare bones. It has a four point cage, the pics show it pretty well. The doors have two bars crossing (X).

And better description of condition:
Floors/trunks seem to be in need of repair. there are some holes from old rust. Previous owner (from my understanding) blasted and primered this car. This is not any rust in the hell hole and battery tray is missing.
r_towle
$1000 bucks?
914_1.8t
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 27 2011, 05:31 PM) *

$1000 bucks?

One last price drop to $1300. If it doesn't move at that price guess its a sign I should build it and keep it.
914_1.8t
F*** it...I got a friend in need and if I can sell this to help him out it'd be great. $1000 gets it if it goes in the next couple of days.
QUOTE(914_1.8t @ Sep 28 2011, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 27 2011, 05:31 PM) *

$1000 bucks?

One last price drop to $1300. If it doesn't move at that price guess its a sign I should build it and keep it.

BajaXJ92
QUOTE(914_1.8t @ Sep 28 2011, 11:22 PM) *

F*** it...I got a friend in need and if I can sell this to help him out it'd be great. $1000 gets it if it goes in the next couple of days.

w00t.gif Good god someone buy this thing!! w00t.gif
matthepcat
If my car had crappy paint and body, I would buy this in a second! Someone has to have a body not worth fixing!

914_1.8t
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Sep 29 2011, 05:01 AM) *

Hmmm...can't even sell for a $1000? Im surprised confused24.gif
matthepcat
Have you tired Craigslist?

There has to be folks looking to start a race car build.

This car needs rust repair?

Matt

QUOTE(914_1.8t @ Oct 3 2011, 11:18 AM) *

QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Sep 29 2011, 05:01 AM) *

Hmmm...can't even sell for a $1000? Im surprised confused24.gif

914_1.8t
No longer for sale....looks like I will end up building it after all. biggrin.gif
rnellums
It is fated to be! That car is gonna be fun to build up. So many ways you could go!
Andyrew
I cant believe you couldnt sell that! You always hear the "if I had the money", but this is truly one of those cars where I was pulling my hair wanting... The first time when you bought it, and the second time when you were selling it!!!

lrm914
QUOTE(914_1.8t @ Oct 9 2011, 12:53 PM) *

No longer for sale....looks like I will end up building it after all. biggrin.gif

Yes, It is a sign...Beautiful flares! Going to be an awesome car!

Build it!!!!
914_1.8t
Thanks guys...guess it was meant to be.
Started putting a grocery list (so to speak) together for the build. I'll start a build thread once I get started on it (prob in December).
rohar
It wants you, you want it...

IPB Image

Seems like a marriage made in hell smile.gif
914_1.8t
Excuse my ignorance...what engine is that?
rohar
Audi 3.6 v8. Block will last forever, hooks to the Audi FWD tranny which fits nicely in a 914 for a few bucks and with proper head work will rap out to 7500 RPM. Easy install w/ megasquirt as they were still running distributors back then.

There's 2 of them available in Seattle for under $350.
914_1.8t
QUOTE(rohar @ Oct 10 2011, 02:08 PM) *

IPB Image

Nice! Right now I've got a 2.7T with an 01E Transmission (welded center differential to run as FWD) as well as a Stage 3 clutch + alum Flywheel left over from my S4. The 2.7t will hold upto 450+whp no problem in stock form. I'd love the 3.6 or 4.2 V8 to help spool the mid-to-large frame turbo I want to use. I'll look into cost around here as well...I'd have to do headwork (valves/springs) and rods for sure I think. I may just decide to run the 2.7t for now and maybe pick up a V8 on the side for future upgrade instead of sinking money into the 2.7t.
rohar
I'm building around an 01a w/ a quaiffe. Good enough for now. Gotta be a little carefull w/ the V8 builds if you wanna go custom. The blocks are alumasil and audi sees them as disposable. Tracking down rings and bearings is a bit of a trick but the boys over at motorgeek.com have found all the suppliers.

There are huge plusses to the 3.6 though. It's an asumasil block so it's light and the cylinders are virtually bullet proof. Beyond that, all the aftermarket parts for the VW 16v are interchangeable so you can buy solid lifters, short runner intakes and turbo manifolds off the shelf.

I'm gonna go all motor with mine first, but boost is always in the future. I've managed a 9k rpm on a 16v, pretty sure 8k is doable on a 3.6. Hell, if I blow the heads off of it, it's only an engine lid and a $300 engine.

If I didn't have to shell out $2000 to transport it, your chassis would be in my new shop.
Andyrew
QUOTE(914_1.8t @ Oct 10 2011, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(rohar @ Oct 10 2011, 02:08 PM) *

IPB Image

Nice! Right now I've got a 2.7T with an 01E Transmission (welded center differential to run as FWD) as well as a Stage 3 clutch + alum Flywheel left over from my S4. The 2.7t will hold upto 450+whp no problem in stock form. I'd love the 3.6 or 4.2 V8 to help spool the mid-to-large frame turbo I want to use. I'll look into cost around here as well...I'd have to do headwork (valves/springs) and rods for sure I think. I may just decide to run the 2.7t for now and maybe pick up a V8 on the side for future upgrade instead of sinking money into the 2.7t.

Did you put the endpiece back on the trani or did you do something to shorten the trani? I have a spare A4 quattro trani that im considering converting to FWD but I was told that I couldnt
914_1.8t
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 11 2011, 08:48 AM) *

Did you put the endpiece back on the trani or did you do something to shorten the trani? I have a spare A4 quattro trani that im considering converting to FWD but I was told that I couldnt

The endpiece your referring to is the Center Diff....if the gears in the center diff are welded you can use it as a FWD or RWD only transmission...assuming you remove the driveshaft/axles for the front or rear. Also, you can mount the boxster cable shifter directly to it...and boxster transmissions do directly mount to Audi motors as well. You can also get an Audi/VW (passat) FWD transmission for under $150 these days. 01E (6speed) is a lot stronger.
roadster fan
What happened to the tube frame car you were building for the T motor? That looked sweet when I saw it a couple of years ago.

Jim
914_1.8t
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Oct 14 2011, 11:34 PM) *

What happened to the tube frame car you were building for the T motor? That looked sweet when I saw it a couple of years ago.

Jim

Sold and never to be heard from again. Tube frame was 90% complete minus the suspension pickup points...buyer was supposed to give me a ride when they finished but never heard from him again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.