Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Shifter Coupler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JawjaPorsche
Bruce from Riverside helped out on the coupler.

Thank you for all who responded.

Terry

For lack of a better word, I need a shifter coupler for my 73 1.7 Teener. It is a side shifter tranny.

I don't know if I need to buy just the coupler or shift rod too!

I have attached picture of the broken coupler that goes into the firewall, the shifter piece that connects to the coupler, and a diagram of the shifter. Part 26?

Please help me get my Teener up and running! I am the original owner and I would appreciate you help.

Terry

ttuck@hotmail.com
706-212-9932
poorsche914
Terry,

I have one somewhere - will have to dig it up. After moving, not sure exactly where it is.
If you locate another in the meantime, go for it.

Steve

driving.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 1 2011, 06:01 AM) *

For lack of a better word, I need a shifter coupler for my 73 1.7 Teener. It is a side shifter tranny.

I have attached picture of the broken coupler that goes into the firewall, the shifter piece that connects to the coupler, and a diagram of the shifter. Part 26?

Please help me get my Teener up and running! I am the original owner and I would appreciate you help.

Terry

ttuck@hotmail.com
706-212-9932

I have a complete 2.0 bar set up from the transmission to the gear shift. I can ship today if you're interested. Thx
JawjaPorsche
Thanks, Steve.

I noticed looking at the parts diagram that my coupler and shifter gear rod is different! (See parts diagram below, look at part 26). Some gear shift rods accepts a pin. My shift gear rod looks like someone fabricated a pin by welding. My engine was rebuilt many moons ago and maybe the mechanic did the fabrication. I don't know if it this is correct or what. I don't think you can get a new coupler over the welded pins. Am I correct? I don't know.

Can you or someone else lend your expertise?

Thank you in advance.

Terry

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 1 2011, 09:29 AM) *

Terry,

I have one somewhere - will have to dig it up. After moving, not sure exactly where it is.
If you locate another in the meantime, go for it.

Steve

driving.gif

JawjaPorsche
PM sent

Terry

QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 1 2011, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 1 2011, 06:01 AM) *

Terry

ttuck@hotmail.com
706-212-9932

I have a complete 2.0 bar set up from the transmission to the gear shift. I can ship today if you're interested. Thx

bdstone914
Your shift rod and coupler look stock. The pin will press out of the rod.

I can get you a good coupler send today for $30 shipped. You will probably need new bushings. I am out of them at this time.

Call me at:

nine five one - 536- 7478

I can explain how to assemble the coupler without breaking it.

Bruce

JawjaPorsche
pm sent

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 1 2011, 10:11 AM) *

I can get you a good coupler send today for $30 shipped. You will probably need new bushings. I am out of them at this time.

Call me at:

Bruce

JawjaPorsche
I have purchased coupler from Bruce in California. Thank you for all who responded.

Terry

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 1 2011, 10:39 AM) *

pm sent

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 1 2011, 10:11 AM) *

Call me at:

Bruce

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.