Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Results
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
The three day autoX results from Parade.

My Webpage
Mueller
congrats to Birgit....1st place in her class smilie_pokal.gif

hmmmm, my bearings on one of the 1st place cars, all I can say is it was a 911 wink.gif

damn, that Provasi family is just unreal, will they ever be beat ????? pray.gif pray.gif
Rusty
Randal,

Thank you for taking the time to put this together... nice looking page.

I suspect you might have an error. I think the first names are switched in P3L. Clay Perrine's bride is named Betty (not Bette) and she drives a 914 in Maverick Region.

Good job on the page. rocking nana.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
ClayPerrine
smilie_pokal.gif OK.. OK.. Let the harassment commence......

Yes, I really did get beaten by my wife...... Again!

But look at it this way.. I have been chasing her tail for 18 +years!

Clay.

smilie_pokal.gif
ClayPerrine
Oh.. and the other entry in P3L was named Bette..... They listed my wife with her proper name, Elizabeth".
Randal
will they ever be beat

With a big 4 (250HP) and big tires, like Tom runs, I'd love to go head to head.

It just takes lots of money!
Randal
Lawrence,

Thank you for taking the time to put this together... nice looking page.

The link I provided goes to PCA's web page that contains all the information on Parade.
Part Pricer
What about our own DD? Only 7 seconds off the pace. biggrin.gif

P4M 914/4 - 2.0
1 Cody Sears Maverick 914 83.519
2 Ron Bailey Maverick 914 86.999
3 Chris Griesbaum Ozark Lakes 914 90.401
4 David Darling Loma Prieta 914 90.975
5 David Gadbaw Rocky Mountain 914 93.405
6 Christopher Monnett Longhorn 914 95.522
Dave_Darling
And damn happy to be there, too!! smile.gif

In watching the times the previous day, I said "If I can pull out a 90, I'll be ecstatic!" I did, and I was.

Note that all three cars placing above me had competition tires, and I was running hard-compound street tires. In addition, Cody Sears is one hell of a good driver, and his car is prepared to the absolute limit of the rules. Mine has 140# rear springs, a 19mm sway bar, and a Bursch muffler. And that's it. Heck, I didn't even bother checking the tire pressures in the past month!

I'm surprised that nobody pointed out that Birgit beat me by 1.2 seconds--in my own car, which she had never driven before that day! smile.gif She would have placed 3rd in the Men's class, beating one of the sticky-tire'd cars in the process. Not bad, huh?

I'll attach a pic of her getting her first-place award from Charlie Davis, the '04 Parade autoX chairman.

--DD

PS--I did take 1st in the 914 section of the Tech Quiz, and missed 1st overall by only 2 questions!
Brad Roberts
Hey.. cut Dave some slack. He hasnt had a car to drive in almost 5 years. This is his second AutoX back into the car. I think he did just fine.

Birgit is going to shoot you Dave... so I might as well post a pic of her driving your car better than you so she can shoot me also...LOL

Oh.. this was Birgit's 7th AutoX total. She can drive.

B
brant
Hey fellas...

I saw greg curtis' name in the results..
was he driving his street car (special edition creamsicle fairly stock with 7inch rims) or was it the semi tube frame -6?

the 6 is really a nicely detailed car that he does much of his own work on..

brant
Brad Roberts
He was driving the Creamsicle car.

Here is Birgit:

B
Brad Roberts
Here is what we saw the most during the trip....

B
Brad Roberts
Hooters parking lot Amarillo... on the way home (we also stopped there on the way).

B
EdwardBlume
Great picture... um where are you?
Brad Roberts
Right now I'm at the shop but leaving....

I didnt run. I gave my seat to Birgit (Daves car)

I'll call you tomorrow evening when I'm in your area.

B
red914
somewhat OT:

Dave: in the picture of your car being ably piloted by Birgit, it appears that your front lid doesn't quite line up with the headlight covers. mine doesn't either. being a neophyte, i am not sure why. was the nose pushed in a tiny bit at one point? is there anything i can do about it? BTW, the light blue looks awesome.

sorry about posting an OT reply. for future reference, would a PM have been more appropriate? this question (about my hood, not yours) has been puzzling me for some time. thanks.
JeffBowlsby
Nice job with the teaser Creamsicle comments...you smoked me out...who is Greg Curtis...how can I contact him and find out more about his car? His car is not on the 914 LE Registry as far as I know...action photos available?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 14 2004, 03:44 PM)

PS--I did take 1st in the 914 section of the Tech Quiz, and missed 1st overall by only 2 questions!

Remember Dave.....

On the actual 914 section of the tech quiz you got beat by one question. But you had more answers in the overall section.

Clay
brant
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Jul 14 2004, 09:56 PM)
Nice job with the teaser Creamsicle comments...you smoked me out...who is Greg Curtis...how can I contact him and find out more about his car? His car is not on the 914 LE Registry as far as I know...action photos available?

Jeff,

his street (prepared) car is this one:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t=ST&f=2&t=8965

don't know how to contact him electronically.
I could get you a phone number from our local PCA chapter, but have never seen him surfing... I think he is too busy.

brant
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(red914 @ Jul 14 2004, 08:19 PM)
Dave: in the picture of your car being ably piloted by Birgit, it appears that your front lid doesn't quite line up with the headlight covers. ... was the nose pushed in a tiny bit at one point?

Nope, it was not. As far as I can tell, it was completely smashed in at one point, as was the left-front corner of the car. It was replaced with a partial "clip" from a donor car, and not done very well. The fit is, as you can see, mediocre at best.

The light blue on the front of the car is in really, really bad shape. I won a Zymol kit at the Worker Party as a door-prize, so maybe it will start to look better if I ever get some time to wash it!!

Clay, perhaps I should have said, "First place among all of those taking the 914 version of the Tech Quiz." The official scoring criteria, after all, do count the General (and Tie-Breaker) questions, not just the model-specific questions.

--DD
red914
i am always amazed when i hear of how extensive restoration of a wrecked body is done. so, what could you and i do to improve the fit up front? play around with a hammer and dolly? or would we need to resort to something i have heard called a "rack?" whatever it is, it sounds expensive.

thanks, BTW, for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.