Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S O L D Monza/Pacesetter 914 Exhaust for 75-76
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
THE STIG
Good condition, air input connection in place for a smog equiped 914 1.8. Can be welded up to use on any 1.7 or 1.8 engine. $50.00 plus shipping.
THE STIG
icon_bump.gif
lrm914
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Sep 8 2011, 01:56 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Could this be used on a 75-76 2.0L engine?
THE STIG
I don't know to be 100% honest. I think they are different, you will have to ask someone more knowledgeable. Sorry.
lrm914
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Sep 8 2011, 07:45 PM) *

I don't know to be 100% honest. I think they are different, you will have to ask someone more knowledgeable. Sorry.

It's easy to tell. If the flange where the three bolts attach to the muffler from the exhaust pipe surround one big hole (for the exhaust gas to escape) in the middle and the flange is a triangle it's for a 75-76 1.8-2.0liter car.

If the flange is a trapazoid with three bolts surrounding 2 big holes for the exhaust outlet it's a earlier year.

This configuration would be on each side.
75-761.8 and 2.0 Liter has 2 ehaust ports total 1 per side, other years have 4 ports total, 2 per side.

Larry
THE STIG
I will swing by today to look at the exhaust. I'll post a photo. I am sure it has two hole per side on the muffler inlets.
lrm914
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Sep 9 2011, 08:23 AM) *

I will swing by today to look at the exhaust. I'll post a photo. I am sure it has two hole per side on the muffler inlets.

thanks!
THE STIG
Here it is. Aren't all 75-76 exhausts the same? 1.8 or 2.0? Same crappy exchanger set up? I tore apart a 76 2.0 once and I am sure it was single outlet to the muffler system.

lrm914
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Sep 10 2011, 09:35 AM) *

Here it is. Aren't all 75-76 exhausts the same? 1.8 or 2.0? Same crappy exchanger set up? I tore apart a 76 2.0 once and I am sure it was single outlet to the muffler system.

Yes this is for a 75-76 1.8-2.0L engine. One exhaust port per side, triangular flange.
Whish I had have seen this view yesterday I would have definatly taken it...

That muffler could clean up really nice. Chrome looks pretty good, just surface rust on the pipes and muffler, alittle wire brushing and a coat of high heat paint, they would look great.

I like the look of the Ansa Monza exhaust with the 2 tips/ side. Definately not for the concourse but IMHO it looks cool. I had a 1970 914 1.7L back in the 80's that had the monza system on it. Sounded really nice.

Are you in Califormia? thought I read in your post that you pieced that carout in Socal. I see your profile mentions England.
Thanks for taking that pic. That's a really good price by the way, still thinking about getting it for a backup what would shipping be to zip code 30124 Cave Spring GA.

Larry
THE STIG
This will ship from Sacramento, Ca. I do not know what the price will be, I would guess between $30.00 and $50.00 based on the prices I have seen lately on the other items I have shipped from this car.

THE STIG
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.