Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Club in the OC?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Bryan
Looking for a 914 club or group in the Orange County area. Now that I have weekends off, it would be great to hang out with fellow 914ers..Anyone have information about this??
KELTY360
Sorry, you probably have the only 914 in OC. the rest have been shipped as rust free rollers to the East coast. biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
Where's the SoCal dawn patrol boys?
914Bryan
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 2 2011, 03:08 PM) *

Where's the SoCal dawn patrol boys?

I was wondering the same thing...Looks from past posts like they tried to get somthing togeather in August but didnt look like it played out...
914.SBC
I think it is sort cool meeting once a month and taking a drive, etc. But for me, I am a firggin nervous wreck driving my car. Dont ask me why, I just am.

Anyway, there is a large group of guys where I live that meet every Saturday from about 7:30 am to 10:30am at Yum Yum Donut Shop. We get coffee, check out each other's cars and shoot the BS. Perhaps meeting at a local coffee shop every weekend for a few hours would draw more people. People drive by and see us and think it is a car show. Next thing you know, there are crowds wondering and looking at our cars. Different people show up every week becuase they see us in this lot each week. It is actaully very cool. Usually we have 30-40 cars on a Saturday morning.

Just throwing the idea around. It has worked out where I live. I am the only Teener car and the muscle car guys love the car. I was suprised how many muscle car guys say...I always wanted one of those as a kid, etc.

So if others think this idea appeals to them, count me in...if not, all good.
RiqueMar
Hey Bryan!

There's a bunch of us in SoCal. Just last week, instead of a Dawn Patrol, we did Cars and Coffee in Irvine! Check back for a Dawn Patrol (as soon as Kent calls one)!

IPB Image
jim_hoyland
Where in OC are you located ?
914.SBC
When and where is the next cars and coffee??? beer3.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Sep 2 2011, 04:32 PM) *

Saturaday am near the Spectrm between the Ford/Taco Bell and Mazda buildings just off Alton. They have a web site for details.
jim_hoyland

Saturaday am near the Spectrm between the Ford/Taco Bell and Mazda buildings just off Alton. They have a web site for details.
914Bryan
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 2 2011, 04:21 PM) *

Where in OC are you located ?

Im in Laguna Niguel...Easy drive to Sunset beach!! Do you ever hit Donut Derelicts? I have taken my Fairlane there but never the Teener..
914Bryan

This is an old flyer, with some good directions. This event runs every Saturday and is definately a premier event. It is a spin off from the old Crystal Cove days in Newport Beach that was shut down by all the nose-in-the-air residents..Seems they didn't like all the Ferrari's and Lambo's burning out when they left the location. To give you an idea what shows up, I saw a Rolls Royce Merlin powered car, a jet powered motorcycle, V12 racing Jaguars and just about everything else in between. If you have the chance, go..You wont be dissapointed..

http://www.socalcarculture.com/Images/1021...rsAndCoffee.pdf

76-914
I was going to call one when I got back from RRC but I think Eric is working up a very cool run for next month. I think he has already touched base w/ wertygrog and 73-914kid about it. I'll wait for him to spill it. If it doesn't go thru we'll do Rice Cyn or Cesars run up north of us. Anyway, just watch for the Dawn Patrol posts then come join us. Oh.......... welcome.png
914Bryan
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 2 2011, 06:37 PM) *

I was going to call one when I got back from RRC but I think Eric is working up a very cool run for next month. I think he has already touched base w/ wertygrog and 73-914kid about it. I'll wait for him to spill it. If it doesn't go thru we'll do Rice Cyn or Cesars run up north of us. Anyway, just watch for the Dawn Patrol posts then come join us. Oh.......... welcome.png

Sounds cool!! Let me know, I'm down with it!!
914Bryan
QUOTE(914Bryan @ Sep 2 2011, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 2 2011, 06:37 PM) *

Sounds cool!! Let me know, I'm down with it!!

Is anyone gong to cars and coffee tomorrow in Irvine? I will be there at 7....If you see my teener, say hi, would be glad to meet you!! Click to view attachment
Steve
I will also try to make it to cars and coffee by 7am. I also live in Laguna Niguel off of Golden Lantern and Hidden Hills.
Steve
I got there at 6:45 and barely got into the side parking. What a zoo... Must be the three day weekend. I have never seen it fill up that fast.
The only other 914 besides my beast that I saw there was that mint condition factory 914-6 with the license plate that says NLA.
914Bryan
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 3 2011, 08:44 AM) *

I got there at 6:45 and barely got into the side parking. What a zoo... Must be the three day weekend. I have never seen it fill up that fast.
The only other 914 besides my beast that I saw there was that mint condition factory 914-6 with the license plate that says NLA.

Lucky you that you even got in! I arrived at 7:00 and was sent to the parking garage. Sorry didnt get to meet you but I did see your 914! Is that a boxter engine in it? I like the way the car is set up; bet it screams!

I also saw that orange 914-6. That was truly an amazing car.

Enjoy the Labor day weekend!
Steve
QUOTE(914Bryan @ Sep 4 2011, 07:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 3 2011, 08:44 AM) *

Lucky you that you even got in! I arrived at 7:00 and was sent to the parking garage. Sorry didnt get to meet you but I did see your 914! Is that a boxter engine in it? I like the way the car is set up; bet it screams!

I also saw that orange 914-6. That was truly an amazing car.

Enjoy the Labor day weekend!

Thanks!! The engine is a stock Euro 3.2 out of a 1984 911. The trans is a 901 with limited slip and external trans cooler. The engine puts out 231 hp. Its fast but not scary fast. I guess we will have to get there even earlier next time if we want to park all the 914's together. Have a nice weekend!!!
wertygrog
Hi 914Bryan, as Kent (76-914) suggested we have something cool planned for September 17th, should be a great time! Stay tuned for a thread about it. driving.gif
Socalandy
I missed the Cars and Coffee get together damit!!!

Been to Donut Derelicts once with my 914 and I got the feeling that a Porsche is not what they wanted mixed in with all that domestic metal
Steve
The OC PCA also has a breakfast club and some other Saturday event every other Saturday. We could just show up to that. There would be more parking and less hassle than cars and coffee. Dawn patrol would also be cool, but I can't stay away to long due to soccer duty with my daughter when my wife works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.