Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small master cylinder leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Small amount of fluid coming from rubber plugs that connect the line to the mc. System has been dry for awhile. I thought it was coming from the copper washers but I replaced them and it's still forming drops
PanelBilly
Itg looks like I need to replace the rubber stopper where the tube comes in from the reserve. Anybody have any hints at the simplest way to do this?
swl
Doing that now - actually replacing the MC. There is NO easy way. Those puppies are the worst part of the MC swap. Best advice I got from previous threads was to disconnect the reservoir so you can pull the MC down where you can get at the top of it.

Pelican parts tech write up - http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...er_cylinder.htm
sean_v8_914
its like trying to explain alligator wrestling...
Black22
QUOTE(swl @ Sep 3 2011, 12:06 PM) *

Best advice I got from previous threads was to disconnect the reservoir so you can pull the MC down where you can get at the top of it.

agree.gif I just removed the reservoir bracket and lowered the whole thing so I could get my hands on the top of the MC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.